Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,241 Posts
It'd be a lot easier to answer your question if you were explaining what you're trying to do - how much HP are you going to make?

From what I've seen/read, the stock TT auto trans itself will fail long before the TC itself does, usually between 400-500hp depending on the tires you're running and the way you drive.

By the time you're making that much power, and need a built Toyota auto, you'll also be installing an upgraded higher stall TC at the same time.

I can't recall seeing a Supra that was set up with a 500+ HP single setup, built trans, and stock stall. I'm also not intimately familiar with all the ways that various upgraded TC's are reinforced to handle high HP.

I do know that Titan's new stall converters have been getting a lot of praise, and a lot of folks are going from PI converters to Titans because 700+hp power levels don't start blowing through the Titan converter on the big end the same way it does on the PI unit.

Hope that helps.

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
^ bingo.... the trans will go before the tc on stock TT MKIV auto units

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
forgot to mention. i have bl built auto. stopped at 566 whp last time i was at the dyno since i didnt want to kill stock tranny. now that i have the built one i want to be sure the stock tc will hold higher hp levels.

·
Blood for Blood
8,324 Posts
forgot to mention. i have bl built auto. stopped at 566 whp last time i was at the dyno since i didnt want to kill stock tranny. now that i have the built one i want to be sure the stock tc will hold higher hp levels.

If you are going to put a built auto in put in a higher stall TC at the same time... most of us TT Auto guys will put in a higher stall before a built auto to max out the stock auto box... I suggest looking into the titan TC's... If I were you I would not put the stock TC infront of a built auto... get a high stall TC and have a good time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts