Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea i was checking it out tongiht, now a stage 2 kit, which is supposdly a full kit minus the clutch, is 8,200!!! thats so much? Cant you build up a dave H kit for less then that like 4-5k? Or am i going crazy here?

Matt

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
daveh is a budget kit. also its always cheaper to piece it yourself instead of buying a kit. Boostlogic has one of the nicest kit ive seen and they have great prices. I run their manifold and turbo on my car

·
I rock like CRACK
1,010 Posts
That's expensive as hell, however it's high quality. You can save a lot of money by building your own "kit" out of existing parts and Daves kit is inexpensive AND high quality. Also beware of the ebay sold parts like ssautochrome and their xspower made in china crap it's gotten a lot of people dis-illusioned(sp) by thinking they can use these parts to make a super cheap kit that only falls apart. If you want to hit about mid-way on the baller scale the boostlogic kit is very high quality and relatively inexpensive for what you get, but bang for the buck you prolly can't beat Daves parts.

David

·
MkIV Pilot
580 Posts
The powerhouse racing kit is probably the best kit for the NA-T but its expensive as hell. My rule of thumb when it comes to this sort of thing is - You get what you pay for. The DaveH kit is a very good kit and its inexpensive. I thought about going with the PHR kit, but my budget at the time didnt agree with me. As for the boostlogic kit... besides the PHR, that was my first choice - Excellent quality, moderately priced.

In the end, i went with a custom kit off of an sc300 for money reasons, and have ended up spending 12k+ so far... pretty much redid the whole thing.... My advice is to go ahead and spend the money upfront.... so you wont run into too many problems later on down the road and end up spending a lot more money than you had intended.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
DaveH turbo kit rulezzz man !!! For the price and quality, let it go with dave henry.....hehehe

JB

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
PHR makes quality turbos for the price you pay. I'd put my $$$ on PHR for reliability and quality.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Boostlogic kit all the way. But if your on a budget get the Daveh kit. PHR charges crazy prices because they can. It's like when you buy Sony instead of sanyo or samsung. Your mainly paying for the Name.

I doubt a large portion of PHR's revenue is from their NA Kit. They seem like they specialize in many other areas. Areas that probably yeild alot better profits.

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
PHR quality is second to none. It's worth every penny. This is coming from a competitor.

Forza,
Kevin
where is your $8K phr kit?

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
kirkMKIV said:
where is your $8K phr kit?
Kirk,

Did I claim to have one? Nope my buddy has one on his IS300 and I've seen PHR works on a few of my customer's cars. You're getting pretty old with trying to argue in every thread.

If you want to talk shit and hi-jack threads save everyone's time
My phone number is 405-410-8149/405-255-1803 , my email is [email protected] and you can also PM me.

Forza,
Kevin

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Kirk,

Did I claim to have one? Nope my buddy has one on his IS300 and I've seen PHR works on a few of my customer's cars. You're getting pretty old with trying to argue in every thread.

If you want to talk shit and hi-jack threads save everyone's time
My phone number is 405-410-8149/405-255-1803 , my email is [email protected] and you can also PM me.

Forza,
Kevin
If you compare the quality and what you get out of the BL/PHR kit.... I've seen BL in person and for the money, what more can you ask for?

If any of the NA guys want to spend $8K on a "kit"................. :freak: BL is half that... imagine what you can do with 4K more, its common sense. :blah:

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
We built the Boost Logic kit to be the best kit on the market. I challenge anyone claiming to have a higher quality kit to explain why... :)

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
kirkMKIV said:
If you compare the quality and what you get out of the BL/PHR kit.... I've seen BL in person and for the money, what more can you ask for?

If any of the NA guys want to spend $8K on a "kit"................. :freak: BL is half that... imagine what you can do with 4K more, its common sense. :blah:
Kirk,

PHR invested alot of money into R&D, they were the innovators. The more money you put into R&D the higher the cost of your product is going to be.

Forza,
Kevin

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
RossoCorsaItaly said:
Kirk,

PHR invested alot of money into R&D, they were the innovators. The more money you put into R&D the higher the cost of your product is going to be.

Forza,
Kevin
:blah: :blah:
Like I said... anyone spending $8K on a "kit" when the BL is half the price and top notch quality is out of their mind :nuts:

Can you tell me one thing that this PHR kit does for $4K more that the BL kit can't do? :freak:

·
i'm AMAZING!
465 Posts
kirkMKIV said:
:blah: :blah:
Like I said... anyone spending $8K on a "kit" when the BL is half the price and top notch quality is out of their mind :nuts:

Can you tell me one thing that this PHR kit does for $4K more that the BL kit can't do? :freak:
Do you just stalk Kevin all day and Hi-Jack other people's thread to prove your opinions on topics?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
shaunmathur said:
Do you just stalk Kevin all day and Hi-Jack other people's thread to prove your opinions on topics?
Read the first post of this thread... I am on topic with the thread.... go hang on his nuts elsewhere :freak: I have better things to do but I am not going to sit here and see people who may want to go NA-T some day get fed bullshit.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.