Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im interested in the amount of power people are currently putting out with their 1JZ's, wether it be stock or wildley modified.

I know every car is different but I am trying to piece together a bit of an understanding of what sort of power levels I may be able to achieve.

I will have, once the engine swap is done in a few more weeks....

1JZGTE with 70 000Km's on the engine
Stock turbos / stock IC and pipes
Intake
3 inch catback + 3 inch ypipe / 3 inch downpipe
Brand new HD clutch kit
Apexi SAFC-II
MBC set to 13psi

What sort of power do you think I will make and what sort of power are others making with similar mods. Does the 1JZ benefit greatly from having a aftermarket cooler?

Id like to aim for around 350rwhp and pull a low 13.....I havnt driven the 1JZ yet so Im unsure what I will be able to make it do, but man am I looking forward to taking it to the track / street.

Also out of curiosity who here holds the highest HP / Torque and 1/4mile time......

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok......well I guess thats good. I dont want to be setting boost any higher as I have been doing some research and as you all probably know, the turbos fail at around 15psi.....costly repair.
Changing the PCV valve can apparently help prevent turbo failure, so of course I will be doing that or adding a catch can for some bling!

Stock 1jz dyno figures are fairly impressive, and I've read they run fairly rich....hopefully nothing a good tuner cant sort out with my SAFC-II

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently it is safe run higher boost if you are using a Y pipe....any one have any experiences to back this up? I want to run as much boost as I can, but I want to do it safely.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a full 3" exhaust (not including y-pipe) and have never had any problems with too much boost. unless you count not being able to keep it down with the AVC-R.

·
Registered
824 Posts
1jz, manual, GT3540 .86 rear and the rest of the stuff 460rwhp.

1jz, manual GT3540 .63 rear, stock ecu, injectors, big fuel pressure, FCD 480rwhp @28psi.

1jz, manual T76, don't know other mods 602rwhp.

These are all on dyno dynamics dyno so the numbers would be higher on your dynos.

1st car ran [email protected], second ran 12.7 @114 but that was 22psi and not a great run.

3rd car ran [email protected] Has now gone 1.5jz and made 870rwhp and ran 9.88 on 3rd pass with new engine.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chris davey said:
1jz, manual, GT3540 .86 rear and the rest of the stuff 460rwhp.

1jz, manual GT3540 .63 rear, stock ecu, injectors, big fuel pressure, FCD 480rwhp @28psi.

1jz, manual T76, don't know other mods 602rwhp.

These are all on dyno dynamics dyno so the numbers would be higher on your dynos.

1st car ran [email protected], second ran 12.7 @114 but that was 22psi and not a great run.

3rd car ran [email protected] Has now gone 1.5jz and made 870rwhp and ran 9.88 on 3rd pass with new engine.
Nice numbers......so why are the numbers higher on an American dyno?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
DynoDynamics read lower than DynoJet. DynoDynamics dynos are arguably a hell of a lot better dyno too. I have dyno'd at 600+ on a DynoJet and only seen Mid 500 on a DynoDynamics <shrug>

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its pretty impressive just how much power and performance can be had from the stock twins.....man I cant wait to get the 1JZ back :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you fit a Y pipe then yes you reduce the chances of failure, but you still have teeny weeny turbos which are out of puff at 15psi... no matter how much you scream the nads off them...

·
Trev
1,512 Posts
well, I have a custom tubular 2.5" diameter divorced Y pipe, custom 3" DP, no cats, 3" test pipe, HKS super drager, custom HKS intake (3" pipe all the way to the intake pipe, no black accordian pipe) custom 2.5" IC hardpipes, HKS type S FMIC. I haven't hit fuel cut/boost cut with these mods. under WOT, it is at about 13psi.

Trev

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:
well, I have a custom tubular 2.5" diameter divorced Y pipe, custom 3" DP, no cats, 3" test pipe, HKS super drager, custom HKS intake (3" pipe all the way to the intake pipe, no black accordian pipe) custom 2.5" IC hardpipes, HKS type S FMIC. I haven't hit fuel cut/boost cut with these mods. under WOT, it is at about 13psi.

Trev
Thats intresting with all that stuff on my car I was hitting 1.1 bar, I did have 440cc inj and JDM 2jz MAP but that will not make a diffrence.

Jeremy

·
Registered
202 Posts
i am making 271 horse and 270 torque out of my 1jz at 12 psi. only mods are intake and exhaust. will soon buy an safc-II to lean it out and squeeze more power out of it. want to buy a after market y pipe but havent really seen any one trying to sell one.

·
kaizen Motorsports
1,402 Posts
Im making 280 hp on a HKS DP, HKS CAT and HKS Hyper cat back. I do have the stock IC but i have HKS hard pipes and i made 280 at 12 PSI. now i have a boost controller and i got 15 gallons of 110 gas from my GF for my Bday and turned up the boost to 1.2 bar and holly crap, its a different engine. here is my dyno sheet.

http://joser.1jzgte.com/dynoday0205/Dynoday 001.jpg

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
supraturbo1987 said:
so you were hitting fuel cut with the mods jeremy? with the bigger fuel injectors??

weird!

Trev
No I have a 2JZ MAP and can run 1.1 bar with out fuel cut, I now have a Greddy BCC to get higher. I did 335whp at 1.1bar with that old set up.

Jeremy

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Once I am done (hopefully in 4 weeks)

T04R w/ .69 turbine housing
720 CC injectors
dual feed center return rail
2 walbro fuel pumps
Spec stage 3
HKS Hi-Power exhaust
Custom downpipe (I am making myself)
Apex Power FC (full standalone)
GM 3 Bar map sensor

How much power do I plan on making? Heh... good question. I am hoping for around 400 HP at ~14psi. After that... um... as much as this turbo can push!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts