Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I parked my car in the garage and left the car unlocked. Well I went out this morning and the car was locked. I went and unlocked the car but the car didn't unlock both doors. About 3 months ago I had to take my aftermarket alarm out and that screwed up my theft detterent system. I have to unlock my car on the passenger side. What could be the cause of these problems? Should I take my car to Toyota have them do a diagnosis? Thank for the help

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
I may not have a clear pic of what exactly you're doing.

I'm assuming that you're using the key on the driver side in an attempt to unlock both doors. Is that so?
Pardon my question, but are you turning the key twice clockwise?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually my car will set off the alarm if I unlock the driver's door. I had a Viper Alarm and keyless entry and I wouldn't let me unlock my doors so I took it out and now I have to unlock the car on the passenger side. So I do know I have to turn the key clockwise twice to unlock both doors but I can't even unlock the doors from the inside.

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
It looks that when the aftermarket alarm was installed some wiring of the stock alarm has been disconnected.
You may wana' 'page' ranger498 on this forum or visit an alarm installer.

Sorry that I couldn't be more helpful.

Good luck,

Jay

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The locks have worked before it started raining two days ago and didn't stop until this morning, so I think that a relay got wet and it needs to dry out. But I still don't understand why I have to unlock from the passenger side.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
feel free to email me mabe i can help!

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
rw3,

I think that I have a suspect for you -- it's either your girlfriend or one of the chicks that you drive often, one them sabotaged the driver side lock, so that you have to open her door first... :D

'Colombo' ;)

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
emailed you back let me know whats up!
rw3 said:
you've got mail Ranger

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't receive your email. I don't know why, so if you could please send it again. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts