Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
next inline...party of 6?
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slid my driver seat all the way forward last night and it wouldn't go back. Later it went back a bit but sounded jammed. I took the seat out this morning and saw no jams but the assembly on the right side of the seat that the worm gear goes through has a stripped plastic gear. It seems that this part can't be ordered separately and I have to get the entire motor/track assembly. Please help me out with this mess. Not sure which way to go here. I can't afford to spend $500 on this.

This is the part below

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know if this part is interchangeable with another toyota or lexus? I took a look today at an SC300 seat and it looked a bit different but the gear inside that part might be the same. Plastic gears, what the hell.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
no idea

But you might be able to mount up the sc300 base to the supra cushion part. I'm actually going to try doing that so the passenger seat is power.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think that would work easily. I pulled one apart and it is totally different underneath, plus different switch and additional movements. I'm sure it could be done though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think that would work easily. I pulled one apart and it is totally different underneath, plus different switch and additional movements. I'm sure it could be done though.
Hello Iam facing the same problem and I do not know what to do
I may convert to manual to be more convenient.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hello Iam facing the same problem and I do not know what to do
I may convert to manual to be more convenient.
Second that! I also am having the same problem. I had to manually back out the seat bracket and leave it there. I don't let anyone else drive the car besides my mechanic so is not a big deal for me. I will shortly be go to Sparco though.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay people. There might be hope. There is a website that can reproduce the gear if we mail it in. I'm gonna send this thing out and see what happens. I don't want to list the site yet until I know that it works. If it does I'll write up a how-to thread with pics. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ok, let me get this right... You moved the driver seat forward with the motor and now it won't move back with the motor? You said the motor on the seat sounds like it is jammed.

Have you tried pushing on the motor back and pushing back on the seat with your feet on the floor?

My seat has the same problem. If you look under the seat on the front there is a plastic bracket held in with two screws. If you remove the screws the bracket will come off and you will see two nuts. One is 10mm the other is 12mm. You can move the seat forward and backwards by adjusting these. Keep in mind you'll need to adjust both at the same time.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Ok, let me get this right... You moved the driver seat forward with the motor and now it won't move back with the motor? You said the motor on the seat sounds like it is jammed.

Have you tried pushing on the motor back and pushing back on the seat with your feet on the floor?

My seat has the same problem. If you look under the seat on the front there is a plastic bracket held in with two screws. If you remove the screws the bracket will come off and you will see two nuts. One is 10mm the other is 12mm. You can move the seat forward and backwards by adjusting these. Keep in mind you'll need to adjust both at the same time.

·
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I adjusted the seat back with the 10mm side, but the gear inside needs to be replaced. At least the car is drivable during this crap. The motor is fine, there was no jam.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I adjusted the seat back with the 10mm side, but the gear inside needs to be replaced. At least the car is drivable during this crap. The motor is fine, there was no jam.
Oh ok, so basically you were looking to fix the problem so you can move the seat forward/back without having to adjust it manually each time? I gave up on trying to fix the problem given that the seat very rarely gets moved and I can manually adjust the seat.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts

·
Enter The Supra
1,902 Posts
Damn, I just replaced my entire seat adjuster assembly (I paid cost $330) and tossed the old one out for garbage... sorry bro.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
Supsup, did you ever get that gear cloned?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah I would love to know also. I put mine back in position manually but they for sure do not move anymore using the electronically.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,110 Posts
^^ Good info..thanks for the link Josh.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
33 Participants
2JZ-GTE.de
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing