Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
next inline...party of 6?
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sorry guys, shit got crazy and I've been procrastinating this forever. Thanks for that link Josh. Haven't heard of anybody using them, but that would be a killer fix if they work. Previously, I was looking into rushgears.com to do it, just haven't pulled the seat out since I got it in the place I like it. After moving and starting new job and moving again, there's just been always something else to deal with first. Hoping to get this done sooner than 4 years since thread was started. I'm such an asshole.

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
Yeah the seat on mines is screwed up and I was hoping someone had used those gears in the link and would chime in with their experience.

·
Banned
451 Posts
Unfortunately the plastic worm gear in not offer by Toyota as a replacement part so the gear was custom made. I have replaced two gears so far and my friend is very pleased that his seat is back working. I have one extra gear at the present time and I am asking $25.00 please let me know if you are interested. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Listen up. I just emailed gamiviti company from the above link and they told me that the caps and gears they have will work on our power seats. They told me someone with 94 mkiv bought them and installed with great success. Hope this helps all those who are sceptical about getting them in case they don't fit. I will picking some up as my seat is showing signs of this problem.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ordered mine also! Hopefully will correct the looseness of the driver's seat under breaking. Great post. Don't know what I would do without this forum!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I tried taking this thing apart yesterday. What a PIA! I almost screwed the whole thing up! I was not able to get that plastic piece out of the rail. Hoping that someone has a write-up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was going to do mine but before I ordered the partss I did some more investigating. I first took the seat out (5 bolts), disconnected the wire harnesses. Long and behold, I see the white cap on the floor tucked under the cut out of the carpet. For kicks, I put the plastic screw cap back in, put in place temporarily and everything worked. The site (gamiviti...) said that if the cap was missing the seat would not work properly. I also thought is was my motor at first but I could get to work if I put pressure in the motion i wanted to go in. The plastic cap is needed to keep dirt out but to make sure that everything is in perfect line for it to operate properly. And so far, no problems whatsoever. Check to see if your cap is missing and try to find it as pictured on the "gamiviti" site.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was going to do mine but before I ordered the partss I did some more investigating. I first took the seat out (5 bolts), disconnected the wire harnesses. Long and behold, I see the white cap on the floor tucked under the cut out of the carpet. For kicks, I put the plastic screw cap back in, put in place temporarily and everything worked. The site (gamiviti...) said that if the cap was missing the seat would not work properly. I also thought is was my motor at first but I could get to work if I put pressure in the motion i wanted to go in. The plastic cap is needed to keep dirt out but to make sure that everything is in perfect line for it to operate properly. And so far," no problems whatsoever. Check to see if your cap is missing and try to find it as pictured on the "gamiviti" site.
Perfect feedback!!!

·
MMA Addict
1,221 Posts
I was going to do a write up but when I went to press the gamviti plastic gears onto the shaft I broke both new gears cause they fits so damn tight on the shaft so I'm out $40 for nothing. Gamviti really should make the inner diameter of the plastic gears they sell a tad bigger so it wouldnt take so much damn force to press in some fragile ass plastic gears.

If someone reads this, then you'll need the $40 kit. You'll need 2 plastic gears and 1 plastic screw on cap for the MKIV power seat. Plan on at least 2 hours from taking the seat out of the car then replacing the gears and putting the seat back in the car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Since you've already taken the seat and gear apart, can you describe how you took the rail which contains the plastic piece apart? I spent 3 hours trying to figure out how to extract that plastic piece but could not since it's attached to the spiral rod inserted "inside" the track.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Peters19018 said he has a write up that showed you how to press theses gears in and out and he had a write up for it but haven't herd from him about it.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
33 Participants
2JZ-GTE.de
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing