Supra Forums banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes, its gearing issue. Here you go.
how in the damn hell do you get that white plastic housing assembly out of the rail? I took my seat apart and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get that piece out.

·
Registered
214 Posts
how in the damn hell do you get that white plastic housing assembly out of the rail? I took my seat apart and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get that piece out.
Agreed - does anyone have a supra specific write-up. I just started taking the seat apart as well, but the videos are obviously for different toyota vehicles and the housing assembly seems much easier to get to on them vs the supra. The assembly in the one video literally falls out, but the Supra's seems to be secured within the seat rail and then in that metal cage, for lack of a better term.

I'm going to dig in tonight and will let you know if I can figure this out and will snap some pictures if I can.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Agreed - does anyone have a supra specific write-up. I just started taking the seat apart as well, but the videos are obviously for different toyota vehicles and the housing assembly seems much easier to get to on them vs the supra. The assembly in the one video literally falls out, but the Supra's seems to be secured within the seat rail and then in that metal cage, for lack of a better term.

I'm going to dig in tonight and will let you know if I can figure this out and will snap some pictures if I can.
It turns out to be stupid easy. -_-

Remove the nut by the gear housing for the roller things and the white stopper at the end of it, then take a hammer/mallet and tap on the slide until the roller comes out of the gear.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It turns out to be stupid easy. -_-

Remove the nut by the gear housing for the roller things and the white stopper at the end of it, then take a hammer/mallet and tap on the slide until the roller comes out of the gear.
Well since we are all in quarantine for the most part, I’m giving this another shot - hope everyone is well first and foremost.

I have the nut completely off (if you’re talking about the nut that when turned slowly moves the seat forward/back) - see first pic below. In regard to the “white stopper” are you talking about the plastic clear/white nut? I attached a pic of that as well...I have it loose but I can seem to pull it out of the housing that holds the gear? It’s really loose but I’m not sure as it won’t come out. Any help is appreciated this is driving me insane haha

81 - 84 of 84 Posts