Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Just replacing my power steering belt while doing a bunch of other things and just wondering. i remove the old belt and put on the new belt, but have no idea which is the tensioner bolt for increasing the tension on the belt. By the looks of it there is none and have to increase the tension by pushing on the pump by hand. Can anyone shed some light on how to increase the tension on the belt? thanks.

G

·
Stick a big bar in there somewhere and pry it tight. Can't remember the details though.

I looked in the TSRM, but it doesn't say how to do it.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Just don't get too carried away. You can damage things if you get too carried away. I set the belts so that they will deflect about an inch without much force (poking it with my index finger). Mine never squeal and I haven't had to re-tension them from stretching.

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
my power steering belt literally FLIPPED upside down a few months ago... I thought that was kinda screwed up.. We replaced the belt alone, but I guess the powersterring pump was too shitty, wobbling too much... first time I hit 6500 rpms the belt came off and snapped :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
i dont know if this will help, but i am also in the process of removing my power steering pump. the power steering pump is held onto a bracket with a pin type screw which goes through the bracket and through the pump. i think all you have to do is torque it to the right specs and maybe tighten the bracket nuts because the belt came right off as soon as i "pushed" my pump towards the driver side. but i have a problem i dont know how to remove the union bolt im going to try to get a wrench the right size. anyone know the size of the second bolt. not hte 7/8 size. the bigger one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts