Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 94 Auto TT. I would say a good 6 out of 10 times a day my dawg stalls when going around corners. When I turn the wheel and go through a turn applying no gas, a majority of the time my idle drops to 0 and the car stalls. So lately i have been having to give a little gas through the turns so the RPM's dont fall. I have also noticed that when stilling still and reving my dawg up, after the blow-off valve goes off (HKS SS) sometimes the RPMS's will fall low and stall the car out as well - but this does not happen as often as through turns. Any ideas? It getting to be a real pain! TIA !!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not positive on this, but Larry has mentioned in the past that the power steering pump has a vacuum bypass on it. He said they use this alot on cars with cams (?) when they need extra vacuum/air at idle, by redirecting this back into the intake path.

Perhaps yours has a leak and is bypassing metered air, causing your car to run rich enough to die.

You may want to talk to Larry at Sound Performance and ask him, he would definetly know better then me. But its worth a shot none the less.

I'm sure im not describing it right, but hopefully that points you in the right direction.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Is your vacuum hose for your power steering routed with your BOV? If so that is could be your problem, or you could just have a vacuum leak in your power steering vacuum line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts