Supra Forums banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1990 mk3 turbo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The saga continues. I received an email from partsgeek stating the pump is out of stock. Local dealer does not show any available anywhere...

Anybody out there have connections?

·
Registered
1990 mk3 turbo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
Rock'n Death with Spikes!
203 Posts
I said that before that no one has them in stock, rebuilds only. Rebuild kits are cheap but if you don't feel comfortable, send it off to Driftmotion.

·
Registered
1990 mk3 turbo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I said that before that no one has them in stock, rebuilds only. Rebuild kits are cheap but if you don't feel comfortable, send it off to Driftmotion.
I took note of your previous post but obviously thought I found the only one available online...

I am going to look into rebuilding and the process. ultimately, I am trying to limit any downtime. I am in the hill country of Texas and get to drive through the winter. Unless of course, we get another one like last year...

·
Registered
1990 mk3 turbo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
  • Angry
Reactions: Dumeinao

·
Premium Member
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
887 Posts
Its a crap shoot with auto parts stores honestly. Sometimes you get retired NASA engineers working for fun, other times its like..... seriously? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
scratch that last post. I guess the is what I need to look for...

My rebuilt PPS pump was also a A1 Cardone reman, however it was from RockAuto and specifically said it was a PPS pump (I think it used a different label though, something like hydraulic actuation or something)

Found my old order
Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Number

Edit:
Looks like RockAuto offers a rebuild as a service option now through Cardone. I've read mixed results about their remans but the one I have has worked well for a few years now.
Rectangle Water Violet Font Slope

·
Premium Member
1987 MA71 R154 Pearl White, Blue Velour
887 Posts
I'd say if you have to get it reman'd and can wait Driftmotion might be a better bet.

·
Registered
1990 mk3 turbo
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I'd say if you have to get it reman'd and can wait Driftmotion might be a better bet.
I need to touch base with Aaron anyway on a 57 trim turbo upgrade email I sent him. Maybe he will have some insight...

Reactions: Dumeinao
41 - 51 of 51 Posts