Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some odd reason, i seem to know everything about the 1jz swap, except the power steering. I have bought the MKIV power steering line, but my question is where does it go? I was beginning to think i go the wrong line on accident, but i dont belive that is the case. Ive searched for the info and could not find my answer. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

·
powered by
998 Posts
The line goes from the pump,to the rack, but bolts under the oil pan-the U shaped cooler goes there. I used it for awhile but never could get it to not leak, no clue why, new oem hose,tried everything, hose was fine, just wouldn't seal. I am now using a line straght from the pump to rack, -6an braided. No leaks. You have to figure out a way to run lines from the resivouir to a cooler, back to the pump. I used a permacool ps cooler and rubber lines, it's low pressure there.

·
Registered
582 Posts
hey toypro

where was your ps hose leaking?
could you show us some pics of your new ps setup?

thanks
danny

·
powered by
998 Posts
It would never seal right going into the pump, at the banjo bolt. I never could figure out why. Replaced all the banjo bolts with new 2jz ones,tried the 1jz ones again,new gaskets,even swapped pumps. Had the hose replaced under parts warrenty and after all that, it leaked just the same, it also never seemed to bleed all the air out. I'll try and get some pics soon, it's only like a 1 foot section of hose.I didn't bother routing it under the pan, already have the other/better cooler. I used a 3 way "T" fitting and a fuel injection adapter from earls to fit the idle up valve in, came out nice. I had hose, but all the fittings I think were under 100.00 and it looks way better and doesn't leak a drop. I didn't even use the special PS hose, just regular -6 I had left over. I'll try and snap some pics tonight or tomorrow....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Oh, that's interesting.

My PS pump still whines. It used to leak at the high pressure hose end connected to thepump, but I replaced the metallic connector with a 2JZ one and put in a new o-ring as well. Just tonight it looked like it wasn't leaking anymore. Before replacing it, it had leaked all over the throttle body IC pipe and nearby as well.

Hopefully this will be the end of my leak... Now to fight that whining noise...

Danny

·
Registered
427 Posts
Of course it's necessary, Toyota didn't install PS coolers on their cars because they like wasting money! Your PS components will have a greatly reduced lifespan without a cooler. I just bought a big trans cooler for my power steering, I'm not taking any chances!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts