Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experince with it? I'm getting close to 60,000 miles and gfetting close to doing some maintenance on the sup. I already bought the stock timing belt (and tensioner) but was wondering if these after market belts are any better? (worth it?) Price difference?

TIA,

Enrique M.
97TT6spd BPU

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
no help here but greddy also makes one now!

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Enrique, I have also compared belts and fond a couple of interesting things. Stock timing belts will wear out at about 30,000 miles on stock motors. The PE belts are made specifically for modified motors. I have them on all 3 of my built motors (RB26DETT, 2JZ-GTE, B18C5) No problems at all. Pricewise they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
They most certainly will last longer. As for price... Most shops charge around $160. If your interested I have about 30 in stock at $145 shipped. Sorry if that sounds like a pitch, I just really believe in them.

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Takakaira is awsome and always has hard to get products. Sometimes they have problems with shipping big orders.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I never heard of this problem before :scratch:

I also Ordered 4rims - front bumper - Fuel system and it was shipped the next week :bigthumb: I don't see any problems with them as long as you're paying for freight charges and customs.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The Greddy Timing belt costs $135 @ Takakaira I might go for this 1 next time I change my timing belt :)

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Martin F said:
Errrr ever heard of a stock belt breaking ?

No, me neither.
Stretching is the problem...

As for pricing, I might be able to get us a good group deal from RBMotoring. Sean Morris likes me. :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
If you have watched a stock belt at around 7000rpm or above you will see it flapping the greddy will not do this.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fyrearms,

A group buy woul be a great idea. What would price and availability be? I would want some kind of short turn around though, nothing that took like a month to organize or anything like that. Let me know very interested.

With that, anybody looking to buy for a stock timing belt? :)

Thanks

Enrique M.
97TT6spd BPU

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Group buy won't be for the Greddy belt. The group buy will be for the Power Enterprise belt.

Timing belt: $117

Serpentine belt (red Kevlar!): $74

This will be a group buy through RB Motoring, courtesy of my main homey Sean Morris. Once I get approval from the big Dust-o-roony, I will start a nice big sticky thread for you boys in the For Sale forum. :cool:

·
Registered
718 Posts
i am also intersted in the Greddy Timing belt, Let me know.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
harut said:
i am also intersted in the Greddy Timing belt, Let me know.
FYRARMS said:
Group buy won't be for the Greddy belt. The group buy will be for the Power Enterprise belt.
:doh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts