Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two issues, please help if you can:

1.) My 1996 TT Supra has a problem with the window switches on the driver's side. The passenger window works with the passenger switch (on the passenger side), but the passenger window will not go down from the driver's side. The driver's side window does not work at all.

The 30A door relay under the kick panel looks fine.

Any suggestions?

2.) The Fuel gauge is not working. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting with this issue.

Thanks!

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
i had the same thing with the windows and ordered a new switch and works great. the fuel hanger may be broken in the tank.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had a similar problem too. Except that I can still control my passenger window from both sides but my drivers side window wouldn't go down. I bought and changed the master switch and i still had the same problem. Since it wasnt the switches, we checked the window motor, then checked if electric was going to the window motor. Eventually it was no electric going toward the window motor, so it was somewhere in the wiring for me. My mechanic brought my car to this electrician here in San Diego, and he fixed it on that same day. He also fixed my brake lights on my taillights (light wouldnt go on for the right and left brake lights, but went on in the middle) . They never told me how they fixed any of it because he didn't want to give away any of his trade secrets, but all my windows work and my brake lights work. I didn't care how they did it anymore. I can roll down my window now!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had the same problem with my master window switch. Bought a new switch and the same thing happened...nothing. So, I took my time, taking the door apart and looking for where all the connects were. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM!!! The master switch wasn't completely "Snapped" to the wiring harness. That's probably what your electrican found!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had the same problem with my master window switch. Bought a new switch and the same thing happened...nothing. So, I took my time, taking the door apart and looking for where all the connects were. THAT WAS THE PROBLEM!!! The master switch wasn't completely "Snapped" to the wiring harness. That's probably what your electrican found!
I checked all the connections thoroughly, all the way to the wiring harness. What really hinted me off, that I wasn't getting any juice, was my L/R brake lights not working, but the middle one was. I bought my car pretty cheap, but I've had a lot of little problems since the time of purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts