Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found some bits and pieces and a couple of diagrams but I need more information. My driver side window only goes down half way now. I removed the door panel to take a look. There was only a slight fray near the end of one of the cables, nothing was all tangled up. From what I can see, there appears to be a motor, some type of regulator and two cable ends, to go up and down. I don't think the motor is bad. The window goes back up from the half open spot just fine, but when I try to lower it, the window goes down to about half way at normal speed then slows to a grinding halt at the halfway point. It seems like its almost getting caught on something toward the front of the door. If there was something stopping it, would the motor shut off before it burned up? Also can I see more of what is toward the front if I take out the speaker with brcket etc? And how does the regulator work and how can I tell if its bad. From what I hear, the regulator is much cheaper than a new motor. Sorry for all the questions but its friggin 75 degrees out today and I want the window down. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts