Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.powerdex.com/

Anyone use this PowerDex wideband by NGK? It says it uses both NTK and Bosche style sensors.

My main concern is NTK sensor on this unit vs race gas.

Anyone know what sensor it comes with for the $295 price?

G

·
damn thats a good price the o2 sensor along for those are around 200. its the same o2 sensor fjo uses. holds up to leaded race gas very well.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
only reads from 9.0 to 16.0
if true, i would invest in another wideband just to get a broader range.
most go from 10.0 to 20.0

but its still better then nothing, and relatively cheap

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
spoolint78 said:
only reads from 9.0 to 16.0
if true, i would invest in another wideband just to get a broader range.
most go from 10.0 to 20.0

but its still better then nothing, and relatively cheap
I don't think anyone ever plans on seeing 20 except on decel.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hua said:
I don't think anyone ever plans on seeing 20 except on decel.

That's what I was thinking. In fact I have my innovative programmed to only read 10 - 18.

Why? Because you only have 5 volts to work with. That many volts over a smaller range is more resolution.

·
Registered
408 Posts
When I was looking into a wideband to purchase, I called to talk to someone about the powerdex. I got to chat with one of the engineers. At first it looked to be an outstanding deal because I thought it came with the NTK sensor. It doesn't. Yep, NGK is selling a wideband that is packaged with the Bosch sensor. He told me it was strickly to keep the price down. You can use either the Bosch or the NTK, you just have to purchase the NTK seperately. If you plan on using any leaded fuel, my understanding is that the Bosch sensor just won't last long. By the time you buy the powerdex and the NTK sensor, you can pretty much cover the cost of the new FJO setup. In the end, I bought the FJO and the NTK sensor. It comes with some nice features like the connectivity cable and software that lets you configure the unit for datalogging (that used to be extra). Using the supplied harness, you can also wire in a warning light by using the nitrous activator that is built-in if you don't have an AEM. Check out some pricing on the new FJO units, they have really come down, and I think they are built much better than some of the others available.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Im gonna call NGK tommorow. If i got a damn bosch sensor Im gonna be fucking pissed, LOL

·
Inline for the win
4,763 Posts
James,

NTK FTW especially with FJO. This unit is flawless and I been going 10k miles on leaded race fuel with no issues. However, I have a spare sensor waiting at all times.

DP

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
I have a FJO also and I think the NTK sensor is really worth the cost if you use leaded gas alot, also it reads from 10.0 to 20.0 and the data logging is real easy and very easy to view as you can view the graphs in different formats.
I believe their new units are $292 and the NTK sensor is under $200 if you buy it together, the only thing is the nice round gauge that I bought was another $120.

·
Inline for the win
4,763 Posts
MANI009 said:
I have a FJO also and I think the NTK sensor is really worth the cost if you use leaded gas alot, also it reads from 10.0 to 20.0 and the data logging is real easy and very easy to view as you can view the graphs in different formats.
I believe their new units are $292 and the NTK sensor is under $200 if you buy it together, the only thing is the nice round gauge that I bought was another $120.
Mani,

The NTK sensor is around $275.00 w/o being purchased as a unit. Dusty and I spoke alot about this when I was having overtemp faults that were related to loose power wire.

DP

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Suprafied said:
Mani,

The NTK sensor is around $275.00 w/o being purchased as a unit. Dusty and I spoke alot about this when I was having overtemp faults that were related to loose power wire.

DP
The pricing for the NTK sensor compatible with their new units on the website is $209.75; I was about to upgrade to the new unit as it can use both NTK and Bosch sensor and the replacement cost is only a $100 more than buying a sensor for my old unit which is around $300 like you said.

http://www.fjoracing.com/downloads/PDFs/REV Q (effective 01jan2006) US-RETAIL.pdf

·
Inline for the win
4,763 Posts
Yea,

I personally like the aspect that I have put this through alot of leaded fuel without any inclining of failing in the sensor. Great product, however, its pricey.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I also added a bright red LED to the face of the FJO display and programmed the nitrous window switch to work as an AFR warning. You can program the AFR, RPM, and throttle position you want it to come on at, since it can be difficult to concentrate on driving and reading the display.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts