Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plug and play for the Soarer 1JZ. Does it work with the auto tranny??

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shit i heard some news it doesnt either. Im screwed. What about emanage ult? I need a bandaid to work some 720cc injectors or maybe just stock 550cc supras til i can switch to a gm auto

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
crappppp i guess ill just go SAFC2 for a bandaid.. whats the biggest injector that i can use with it?

I dunno if my budget will allow me to junkyard a TH700R4, get the Dave H adapter kit, and get a driveshaft made, aftermarket shifter, and STILL get a powerFC. Ill have to see how cheap i can find a stock 700r4 and torque converter for...

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kinda missed that detail. I woulda figured it worked since like 90% of Soarers are auto tranny!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean i guess i could do something really GHETTO! Run both ECUS! Run the PowerFC to all the normal plug and play stuff, and run the tranny wires and split the speed signal to the stock ecu only (with power and ground).

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
i would think the powerfc could run an auto trans.. any documentation saying it cant? maybe contact apexi?

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This puts a big hurting on my plans and future plans and having to buy things twice (fuel system). Ill call them in about 30 mins. It seems crazy they would sell a plug and play ECU for the Soarer that does not work with the auto when 99% of them are automatic.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holy christ you are my savior!!! Im calling them right now.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called Apexi, 1JZ power FC does not control the transmission.

I ordered the Latent Solutions transmission controller and Apexi PowerFC.

Problem solved!!!1

·
Registered
432 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
I called Apexi, 1JZ power FC does not control the transmission.

I ordered the Latent Solutions transmission controller and Apexi PowerFC.

Problem solved!!!1[/QUO

I tried sending you a pm but your inbox says its full

·
Registered
274 Posts
Holy christ you are my savior!!! Im calling them right now.
No problem. Jesus is actually your savior, but I'm still glad to help. Let me know how it works out. I'm thinking about trying it when I do my swap.

Hey, by the way, do you know how high the redline can be set with a Power FC?

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
Marotta1 said:
Hey, by the way, do you know how high the redline can be set with a Power FC?
If you're using the commander then it max out 8999. If you're using the datalogit then (I think) it is 12000.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From my personal experence, stock valve springs start floating around the 8k mark. I can float em with the SARD.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rising_sun said:
The Emanage Ultimate can control the 1JZ auto transmission
Its ok, i got the SupraStick V4 (flucking awesome!!!), and the Power FC. I'll be installing them when i install everything else. Piggy backs cause more problems then results. My car is going to look like james bonds car with the V4 LCD screen mounted in my dash, and the power FC controller, plus gauges, etc etc.. and i still do not have a working radio!

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
VJ RC51 said:
.. and i still do not have a working radio!

...gotta quarter tank of gas... in my new E class...but that's okay, cuz i stay fly

1 - 20 of 21 Posts