Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
It's cast, which seems for a Supra to be of an inherently bad design. Go with a nice tubular header such as the HKS, Greddy, Boost Logic, SP, etc...

Justin

Robert Messerli said:
Any comments on this manifold.How does it compare to hks or greddy single manifolds?Does anyone have a pic. of?

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Depends what you're looking for as far as HP levels. For HP levels up to 700 or so rwhp, cast is the way to go and you even get the benifit of better spool times. But eventually the cast system becomes a restriction when going for, say, 4 digit HP so a tubular header is the key. It's a quality product, like everything else that comes from PHR, so you won't be disappointed either way, but first you have to define in what direction the project is heading.

Eric

Horse Correct....

B

·
0 Posts
and can you fit a SP57 on that thing..? Im not ever planing on putting out any more over 700 hp...even down the road...
And is this the only cast manafold there is available..? Or does some one else makes one..?
And what do you guys think about the price.? Is it about right or it is a bit over price..?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got your point on the cast manifold,im waiting a little longer to see if a tubular header pops up.for anyone interested supra store has the cast iron manifold for $495.00 its made by turbonetics.also saw a tubular manifold made by boostlogic in stainless steal for 1250.00

if anyone knows of a tubular header at a good $ let me know

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Also look into induction motorsports. There designs seem to work out more of the problems that the Turbonetics have run across, plus it comes with an HKS 60mm wastegate already integrated into the design. It looks like a hell of a product.

Eric

B

·
0 Posts
I saw that turbonetics one it looks really weird...and I heard bad things about that one.. I would love to get the boostlogic one but Im trying to see if I find one that its a bit lowered price.

Does anyone have a pic of the PHR one...?

And has anyone used any of the induction motorsport stuff.?
Opinions.

D

·
0 Posts
Byron said:
I saw that turbonetics one it looks really weird...and I heard bad things about that one.. I would love to get the boostlogic one but Im trying to see if I find one that its a bit lowered price.

Does anyone have a pic of the PHR one...?

Opinions.
I belive Turbonetics is the only co. that makes a cast mani for the Surpa. (someone correct me if I am wrong)

chris

·
Registered
304 Posts
DANKAHOLIC said:
I belive Turbonetics is the only co. that makes a cast mani for the Surpa. (someone correct me if I am wrong)

chris
I have been speaking with Dusty about these and the PHR and Turbonetics units are different, the PHR has a higher Iron content, I will be using a PHR cast manifold soon hopefully.

Wez

1 - 10 of 10 Posts