Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let me start off by saying that I was working with some time constraints and needed this kit fairly quickly. After requesting info and availability from several of our vendors here (I want to keep it in house :) ) I decided to purchase my kit directly from PHR.

Sam and Bryan both did a fantastic job of customer service with a few hickups we had along the way. Please do NOT hesitate to buy from these guys.

Ok.....a little about the kit!

This kit is truly complete from the manifolds to the couplings and misc bolts etc. It arrives well packaged and everything is individually wrapped. I will post some pics later of the contents of the kit. The one thing I would like to see them do (maybe with future orders ;) ) is to include a customer check list of parts thats included. For the DIY'er, it would make things a little easier in case there is something overlooked when packing or ordering.

Install time really depends on your ability to turn wrenches, but I would say a couple of hours (not including time to remove the stock twins if you have them). I did that a few days earlier.....and still have the scars to prove it. :soapbox:

Fitment is dead on. One thing to note is to assemble the waste gate and dump tube to the manifold loosely so that you can get proper fitment when you install the down pipe. What I did was to install the waste gate adapter (using some red loctite on the bolts) and then assemble the gate to it. Now as far as the gate goes (I went with a Tial) decide what psi you want to set it to and go to Tials website and download the chart that has the current spring colors on it. If you have never taken a gate apart before take a few minutes while on their site to familiarize yourself with how it goes together.

Another thing to do is to pre-lube the turbo prior to start up......its just good practice to do so.

I have installed the kit today and so far I am very pleased with it. I will continue to update this as I put a few miles on the setup!

I already have another order in to them for some other parts :)

A few random pics......

How it arrives.....

Contents....

Baby snail.....;)

Pic of the feed and return.....quality parts.....

Wastegate flange......loctitie added to the bolts...;)

To give an idea of how to angle the gate and dump tube.....

Getting close.....

Install complete....

The intake is different than the one shipped with the kit because I am still running on MAF until I get my new AEM Infinity ECU.

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know yet. I'll have a tuning session later this week. Looking conservatively for about 550 to the wheels. I am running a 6766. ;)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I hope you make that goal! That way I know what I could make if I go bigger. I'm inly running a 6266. Awesome kit though.

·
Yup.
684 Posts
I'm very happy with the kit so far. Numbers below are with a 6266, but more importantly the car is super drivable. I've put more miles on the Supra this year than any other year since I've owned it.

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have my dyno session set for next week and I will update everyone with my numbers. I am on stock fuel, and ecu so im wondering what I will put down. Engine is a fresh stock rebuild. Any guesses? :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have my dyno session set for next week and I will update everyone with my numbers. I am on stock fuel, and ecu so im wondering what I will put down. Engine is a fresh stock rebuild. Any guesses? :)
My last car did 486/480 wtq on the stock fuel with a very similar kit I made myself. You may get a bit more power out of it, but you'll be maxing the stock fuel system so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Got a Wideband? I would be scared to go over 14PSI unless I knew the AFR pre Dyno session.

PHR is great! They swapped a AEM dry filter on my PHR intake setup b/c I was over the whole oiling K&N thing......And they fabbed me a hot side pipe for my retarted HKS type R intercooler.

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I have a brand new UEGO installed and wg is set to 14. No boost controller yet but one is on the way. Readings so far at 10 psi is 11's on the wb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts