Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was driving my car not too long ago and I felt a big power loss when I stomped on the gas. I noticed the car hesitated a little, then it would catch. It got worse over time, and it made my car sound like a WRX. Now, I changed the valve cover gaskets because I had a problem with those, and I also have a new cap, rotor, and plugs. I still need to switch the wires out to newer ones. Does this problem sound like it could be my wires and I'm misfiring? Some of the tops of the wire, where it gets flat, broke. It seems like it fits fine with the plug, but I don't know. It's been about 2months since this problem occurred.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, when I pulled the plugs out, they were all black, it was nasty. But I still need to switch out the wires, I alreasy replaced the cap and rotor, so I guess the wires are the only thing. Just ordered the factory plug wires from Toyota today. Now, the waiting part...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my car sounded like a WRX EXACTLY and it had sputtering, hesitating problems AND my plugs were black as coal. unfortunately for me it was a blown piston ring or something like that - had low compression in one of the cylinders. hate to be the one to suggest it, but do a leakdown/compression check and see what comes out.... wish you luck!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much did that cost to fix if you don't mind me asking

1 - 7 of 7 Posts