Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys/Gals

I was about to install my 52mm Greddy Boost Gauge and I think I am missing/lost one of the parts that came with it. It's that little "ORIFICE" that goes in the 3-way joint (on the side of the sensor). According to the instruction manual "If the needle of the meter moves irractically at idle, use the provided orifice."

So when you guys installed your gauge did you guys had to use this orifice thingy? If yes, then am I screwed or what since I lost it. Can I get this thing from anywhere home depot/local hardware store or something?

Here are the pics of the part I am talking about

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch for the quick reply guys. :beerchug:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
I actually tapped the hose directly into the manifold. I found that my gauge was more accurate this way. My gauge use to do the samething, moving back and forth. My .02 is that your vacuum source is to weak.

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
I actually did use the small brass orifice on one mf my cars (the T-78 RSP) because the boost needle was fluttering. Good luck!

John

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Chucky Doll said:
I actually tapped the hose directly into the manifold. I found that my gauge was more accurate this way. My gauge use to do the samething, moving back and forth. My .02 is that your vacuum source is to weak.
Any pics of this? I am putting mine in tomorrow so any help will be appreciated. I will post how my installation went and if the needle flutters or not. Hopefully won't.

John Minert said:
I actually did use the small brass orifice on one mf my cars (the T-78 RSP) because the boost needle was fluttering. Good luck!

John
The Orifice was plastic (same as the T that came with it). But did you wire it up according to the Instruction Manual? I am going to try the way the Instruction manual says and if it works good, then so be it. Otherwise try to do it Chucky Doll's way.

·
1 ur Mom warned U about
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got the Gauge in, didn't need the Orifice. No Fluterring at all at idle.

Now to set the Hi on Profec B @ 17psi :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts