Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
could someone please post up a pic of the pre 89 mirror bracket....
this is what i mean..

this is the right hand mirror bracket

seems the usdm pre 89 mirrors don't fit my bracket :(

please please please
someone must have a parts car they can whip one out of and grab a pic for me :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
So you need a pic of a pre89 USDM bracket? I've got my former passenger door over at my father's place, I'll be heading over there tomorrow night or the night after. Do you just need a pic or do you need any measurements?

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i guess i don't necessarily need a pic, just compare pre 89 usdm to my pic and tell me if they are different, i didn't think they would be but the usdm mirror just doesn't mould to my bracket, and it has horrible gaps and stuff

appreciate it :D thanks :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Going from memory it looks the same.... I'll get a pic of one for you. Where are the gaps? I recall there is a small piece of moulding/rubber which sits between the bottom half of the mirror and the bracket.

BTW, the gaps are between the mirror and the bracket right? So how about a pic from the other side as well, since that's the side the mirror sits against.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll get pics :)
brb ;)

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Okay, there's a rubber piece which sits in that bottom gap. I don't think it's thick enough to push the top part flush, but it might be.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhh, none of our mirrors come with that

*yells, "Jayson"!!! LOL*
i'll get a hold of ideal and see if he's got some lol
or do you have some?

or anyone to help me out...
or maybe new ones from champion but they dont seem to answer my emails lol

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here's the tops of each mirror

jdm

usdm

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'm sure I probably do have a pair. I recall having been short one when I swapped to '89+ mirrors, so I had to use one off my pre'89s, but then I replaced my passenger door and thus piced up a third pre'89 mirror. I just can't recall having paid any attention to their shape. I don't know if the material is anything which would compress over time (in which case new would be best). If I do have them I'll even send ya the USDM bracket, for comparison purposes.

If you need someone to source them for you in the US let me know... they can't cost that much.

HMMMM....... looking at the USDM '89 TSRM I can't see that part. I wonder if the pracket changed in '89. http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/bo/BO_05.html

EDIT: Wow.... those tops look WAY off. I don't think mine are so rounded on the outside. I think they're more angular.

EDIT2: Sorry, but as I keep looking at things it looks like your bracket used to have more of an angle to it.... possibly never had enough to make up the difference, but it looks squashed.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so to save me messing around, i'm after two pre 89 mirror brackets and whatever seals come with them :)
let me know a price if you have some :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'm going to run outside and take a couple quick shot of my mirrors... they're '89s but they're on pre'89 brackets with the rubber trim. I believe the mounting area was the same though.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hey, PM me your email address and I'll send you some pics... there's a BIG difference, but I can't upload the pics to my server right now.

EDIT: I'm sure I can get you a pair or three.... I've already got one, but there's a wrecking yard not too far from me which has, or at least had, about 6 MKIIIs. Just a matter of getting up early enough to go there before work.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wahhooooooooooooo *kiss* thank you so much :D

just one pair will do hehe

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
replied and thank you again :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
After looking at mine and back at your photos I can see where the difference lies. The fron portion of the rubber moulded around the mirror bracket sits back deeper on the USDM bracket. On your bracket the rubber extends to the same depth all the way around... so, naturally the front of the USDM mirror on your bracket sits out too far.

Take a good look at the pic here: http://www.fadingworld.com/Supra/Mirror/Mirror4.JPG
Then look at yours from above.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts