Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know, i had pondered this. both my cars have been "Fluid filled mount" cars. when i pulled the engines on these cars, they both broke motor mounts. however, on the early 89 car that i pulled hte motor on, the square mounts stayed intact. i actually used them in my 91 that i recently sold. the square mounts feel great compared to solid mounts. and id much rather have stock square mounts over broken fluid filled, solid or even semi-solid mounts.

i know that you can separate the pre89 square mounts from the steel engine stands that bolt to the block. the square mounts use 2 studs just like the round mounts... and i was thinking, what if i used the square mounts and put them between the 89+ aluminum engine perches and the 89+ subframe? the mounting surfaces between the 89+ engine perches and the subframe are parallel to eachother so there is no problem with alignment. i also thnk that using these square mounts would be more durable as well as lower the center of gravity as the engine may be able to sit lower in the engine bay by perhaps 1/2" or better.

ive been toying around w/ the idea of lowering my engine anyways, to improve the COG... but that involved dry sump pans and such...

what do you guys think? am i crazy? i think its crazy enough to work ;)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, i have to modify the front of the oil pan eh? done and done

1 - 4 of 4 Posts