1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
umm yeah if you want the pansiest supra engine EVER...that shit is like a damn NA ...

stupidest most worthless engine EVAR!

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
too bad they're still slow :rolleyes:

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,347 Posts
Toyota used the 1G-GTE for all years of the MK3, 86-93.

It's not a great engine IMO, still kinda neat.

Narrowbody though... :(

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
Very clean car :)

·
SupraStore.com
2,134 Posts
N/A 7M is a bit better than the 1G-GTE IMO... its like the RB20 of Toyota..

Also, the 1G-GE is in fact still in production and used in Japan

·
Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
And Europe, the VVT-i flavor of the 1G-GE is in the UK market IS200.

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
isn't this engine strict jdm? They never sold em with this motor in the states right.. Do they have these in the UK?

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
no, the is200 uses the 1g-fe 2.0 liter I-6(this is the new ones) a 2.0 liter twin turbo to move a 3500lb beast proabably isnt the best engine. lol but nevertheless its still a nice supra, looks very clean i think 7k is a little high seeing as i can get the same one for 7k canadian..

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
Hmm that one was for sale about 6 months ago. In certain parts of Canada a RHD JDM 87/88 car is LEGAL there.

This is a sweet car, a piece of history. I hope a museum picks it up.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol we can have any car that is 15 years or older legally imported and it can be registered too. my freind has a skyline gtr lol so anycar made before march 27 1990 can be imported

U

·
0 Posts
toyota_supra_1988 said:
lol we can have any car that is 15 years or older legally imported and it can be registered too. my freind has a skyline gtr lol so anycar made before march 27 1990 can be imported
your also in BC Canada In Usa its much diff im basicly going through hell to smuggle my gtr here in US as for importing released cars its also very hard Us law states a us citizen is not allowed to import a vehicle. believe me i know lol.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

·
25psi Bliss
1,446 Posts
Hey, 3L and 232bhp makes the 7M kinda pansy, relatively speaking. You'll are forgetting what's important, it's a turbo motor, so the limitations to hp are what size turbo, engine management, and $$ ones is ready to spend..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts