Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any input on this turbo on a mkIII ? Looking for any good input ! Looking for good spool up for the street and roughly 600rwhp ! And debating on .63,.68 or .81 rear AR !

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
I think a 67 would be overkill w lag.........I just ordered an sc61 rated at 680 FWHP .63 A/R with 61mm compressor for mine

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Lag is not bad.

A buddy is in the process of buying a PTE67. From the test drive he took in another guys car (7m powered mk3):

Possitive boost at 2600rpm

10psi at 3100ish rpm

Full boost at 3800rpm

This was also with a low compression 7M (120ish psi in a few cylinders). This turbo WILL make 700hp.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
x-man just dyno'd his 67 @ 15psi. did 450rw w/ it. very respectable for that low of boost. plenty of room left in it.
he described similar boost response as blackout.

dave

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,905 Posts
Ahh that gt40 spools faster based on the devils map and maps that are out there for pte67 and sp67stq. Hey fried I see you going gt wheel with that sc61!

·
1,062 Posts
yeah was trying to think realistic....I'm never running more than 600hp through this setup so why put a 750hp turbo on it.......rather trade some of that top end for spool response

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SC61 is that a direct bolt on a mkIII manifold ? And how much do they run ? Also is there anyone with a mkIII running that SC61 ? That could give me any input on it !

·
Registered
927 Posts
blackout_89t said:
Lag is not bad.

A buddy is in the process of buying a PTE67. From the test drive he took in another guys car (7m powered mk3):

Possitive boost at 2600rpm

10psi at 3100ish rpm

Full boost at 3800rpm

This was also with a low compression 7M (120ish psi in a few cylinders). This turbo WILL make 700hp.
To clarify a couple things...10psi was at 3500, full was at 3800-3900. The lag is not at all what I expected, and that was also on a stock ported manifold w/ a t4 flange welded on...I'm running a full tubular, way higher comp so I should spool it up a bit quicker even.

With that said, the turbo doesn't even get in it's efficiency range until 15psi+. The difference between 15 and 18psi is HUGE...You can do over 500rwhp on pump gas easily with this turbo if you tune it right.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I did 450 hp and 418 tq @ the wheels at 16 psi on our Dynojet after I went back and took the smoothing off the graph. From 3000 to 4800 rpm the car jumped 300 rwhp. My turbo specs are an SP67GT with a .68 a/r and a p trim with a full 4 inch exhaust system and an HKS cast long runner manifold.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I think the PT67 would be a great match for the 7M motor. Based on dyno results, it looks like the stock head and cams on the 7M start to run out of flow in the low 600rwhp range. This is right where the PT67 is making very efficient power. Sure, your turbo will need a few more hundred rpm to spool compared to a 61mm, but this turbo is considered a baby to MK4 guys. And, I bet its the hot ticket to running some 10 second 1/4 mile times with a 5sp.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just bought a PTE67 for my car. I'll be running it on an HKS long tube manifold. I also have a built head so it should make good power. Something else you have to remember is say you want to do 400 or 500rwhp the 67 will do it at a much lower boost than a smaller turbo allowing for more power on pump gas with less heat.

·
Registered
350 Posts
so, what is an optimal exhuast housing and exhaust wheel to eclipse the 600 whp mark (at high boost, of course) while still mainting relatively fast spool. I really like that full boost by 3800 to 4k rpms idea, and my motor, ems, and fuel are good to at least 600 whp at over 28 psi of boost

·
1,062 Posts
jjh said:
I think im going with the sc61 looks like a nice turbo
Mine is on the way .......let you know how it goes

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
sc61 is very fun, i have mine on the stock manifold with an adaptor. starts building boost at 2000rpm

you guys will love this turbo. there are a couple hondas out there at 600whp using this turbo so i know someone can do it on the 7m.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts