Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Name: Michael D.
Contact Method: PM preferred or [email protected]
Payment: Paypal (you pay fee), cash, wire.

Precision Turbo 6466 Gen 2 HP Cover (Ball Bearing T4 .81 V Band)

Video to show condition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dN03KL4OSs

Used with 1600 miles on it (although based on work orders, I think it's under 1000), excellent shape, no known issues. Selling because I have gone to a bigger turbo.

$1400 - price includes shipping. If paying via PP, you must cover the fee.

1- Powdercoated Dormant Violet. Excellent shape with small cosmetic defect, a chip in a difficult to see location.

2- Wiggins ferrules on both sides of compressor housing. Silicone couplers slide over just fine, and the ferrules act like a bead to lock the coupler.

3- Made over 900rwhp at ~30psi in my application.

4- Shop vouch for condition may be offered by Kaizen Motorsports if requested. Also see video.

·
boost life
2,502 Posts
How difficult would it be to remove powder coating and have cover chromed ,and what size intake what this use and are the complete clamp setup included

·
Administrator
8,801 Posts
How difficult would it be to remove powder coating and have cover chromed ,and what size intake what this use and are the complete clamp setup included
Bring it to a powder chrome shop, they would bake it then bead blast the powder off. Then would get chromed as usual. Not really much more work for them...maybe $25-40 bucks extra labor.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
♦ I can have the coating removed, and can have the Wiggins ferrules removed as well. To get the cover blasted locally would cost you $20-40 (that's what it would cost be here in SoCal). Matt has stated a similar estimate, and I believe he is pretty close to that industry.

♦ I can have the cover chromed as well, if thats what you want. It would likely be ~$125 and I'd have you pay a local shop directly (SCM-Polishing in Fullerton, CA). I'd simply help broker the logistics.

♦ 4" intake pipe, 2.5" hot side (where you would route your intercooler piping).

♦ The clamps are not included.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No shaft play, powdercoated, .81ar and a reasonable price.

Someone buy this thing.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump - can have the cover powdercoated to a new color of your choice if desired. :)

·
Banned
451 Posts
Lexforlife, I can Chrome the compressor cover for $175 and I would use B17 stripper to remove the powder coating.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lexforlife, I can Chrome the compressor cover for $175 and I would use B17 stripper to remove the powder coating.
There ya have it if you'd like a nice chrome job on the housing. :)

The turbo is still available. I can also strip the powder if someone requests it, and have the housing polished/PC'd locally prior to shipment.

Someone buy this thing.

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Turbo Guy
533 Posts
Heyyy, I know this guy! What's up Mike!

Bump and vouch for a noble guy!

This is the Second Generation 6466, ball bearing, billet compressor wheel...the max power is really good relative to the compressor inducer wheel. My old Turbonetics 67mm would max out at 700 lol.

These are $1970 on real street, with taxes...you're looking at around $2,100.

I feel like I should act as Gonzo (Fear and Loathing movie) ... As your attorney, I advise you to put this on eBay for $1500. lol

(PM'd you Mike)

·
Mamba Still On Top
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heyyy, I know this guy! What's up Mike!

Bump and vouch for a noble guy!

This is the Second Generation 6466, ball bearing, billet compressor wheel...the max power is really good relative to the compressor inducer wheel. My old Turbonetics 67mm would max out at 700 lol.

These are $1970 on real street, with taxes...you're looking at around $2,100.

I feel like I should act as Gonzo (Fear and Loathing movie) ... As your attorney, I advise you to put this on eBay for $1500. lol

(PM'd you Mike)
Thanks, Mike. I appreciate the nice words.

Mods, please close. The turbo is sold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts