Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Thats cool and all, but I would of just bought a FD with a blown motor and swapped and LS1 into that. The way the interior looks right now there is no way in the world you can drive that car anywhere except the track.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
I always thought the Preludes looked more like RWD Sports cars, kind of a 240sx equivalent. Honda should have marketed it and built it like that.....

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
I'm not sure what to say exactly. On one hand I'm really impressed with this guys skill and tenacity for doing something that has never been done, and in his garage no less. On the other hand, why in the hell would you want to do this particular swap? I can think of many other swaps that would be more interesting, and would therefore say that this guy is sort of wasting his time, money, and energy just to see if he can do it.

Still, it's his car, his time, his money...so applause is in order! :bigthumb:

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
crazy swap - You think he would have started with a lighter base- but a interesting swap none the less - for his first time doing a swap like this, he is doing quite well and going very fast. My first swap like this took a life time. After you learn from your mistakes though you can start doing them with a better mental picture.

And they already make a V8 Prelude

:lol:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
^Wow, that's freaky.

I hade a 98 Prelude that I miss very much. It was a really nice car. THAT would have been a cool RWD swap. I'm impressed with this guys work.

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,668 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
On the other hand, why in the hell would you want to do this particular swap? I can think of many other swaps that would be more interesting, and would therefore say that this guy is sort of wasting his time, money, and energy just to see if he can do it.

Still, it's his car, his time, his money...so applause is in order! :bigthumb:

LS1 RWD Lude, thats why Steveo!

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
swap? man, this doesnot look like a swap to me at all. hahahahah. i think he just wanna have fun. but why did he pick Prelude?

·
Registered
976 Posts
PhoeniXDownVII said:
I always thought the Preludes looked more like RWD Sports cars, kind of a 240sx equivalent. Honda should have marketed it and built it like that.....
i always thought the same thing. the way they sit just looks to me like it should be RWD.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
Wow, that dude is the fucking man! It would be weird to hear a cam loping and look over and see a prelude. :lol:

·
Banned
342 Posts
that would be a mean little car i'd defienitly tear up some parking lots with that and go to oakland for some sideshow action

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Supra_Z said:
that would be a mean little car i'd defienitly tear up some parking lots with that and go to oakland for some sideshow action

hahhaha, is it going to be street legal?

·
Never fast enough
331 Posts
Now that there is a transverse LS1 (LS4) people can do FWD V8 swaps and mid/rear engine swaps.

With swaps like these it's not really the end that matters it's the journey. Maybe he'll get enough exposure to start up his own business.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts