Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
521 Posts
Type S? There is a Prelude Type S (JDM) that is 220hp stock, VTEC... higher compression than the US versions... but i'm guessing thats not what he has. Type SH? That is Vtec, and it'll be a close race... i'd even say up to driver skill. Fastest 0-60 I've seen is 6.7, but most tests put it at 7.1. Or is it the 4th gen Prelude S? That one is a slug (non vtec) that anybody can take. I have a 97 Prelude vtec as well, and am still a fan...

· Registered
521 Posts
Naa man, somethings not right then. I used to walk on GS-Rs all the time on the contrary, and give mustang gts (97 and earlier) a run for their money. Especially on the highway.

· Registered
521 Posts
Thats really odd. By the way, if you check back in Motor Trend, Car & Driver etc. you'll see that the prelude doesn't really go 0-60 slower than 7.1, it should be faster in fact, with a quarter mile of 15.4. The auto one is the only one slower (7.8). Infact, if you add a cold air intake, almost instantly that time improves.
Blah enough about the lude,... just race that fool already! If he stays in the VTEC band from 1st through 3rd though, watch out!

· Registered
521 Posts
There you go, driver's race. The ATTS in the SH weighs an extra 60 lbs. Making the regular, slightly quicker, but really still on the driver and how much you ate that day. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.