Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have figures on pressure drop or cooling efficiency of a stock MKIV intercooler at around 14 PSI? I'm thinking about using one on my 240Z turbo conversion.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You need to specify the flow to get a pressure drop.

Me (and many other BPU owners) had no increase in power after installing a FMIC. My car would begin to heat soak in 5th if I started the run in 1st gear with the stock IC.

If your only running 14psi, you'll probably be fine. Thats a 2.4L 4-banger right?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Is this a 240ZXT?

Oh have I got the forum for you :) HybridZ

Lot's of the guys are doing the NPR intercooler. Others have chosen to go with different OEM intercoolers - a few have gone with custom units. Go post over there, trust me the guys can help you out and are very friendly. We welcome Hybrid Z swaps with open arms... :D No purists allowed!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's actually a 2.8 liter (swap from a 280ZX turbo) straight 6. figured it would be similar to the MKIV 6 banger. you guys have a 3.0L, right. i have been to hybridz also; great site. just coudn't find many specifics on the MKIV IC, so i thought i'd check here. you are the experts when it comes to supras right? it sounds like this IC would work for my application. anyone else have specifics?

About the heat soak: is this because of the stock IC's smaller surface area, being a side mount unit? they are thick, though!

thanks,
marcus

1 - 5 of 5 Posts