Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, when I open my gas tank i get a big long hissssssssssssss. I was wondering if this is normal or should it be venting somehow? New gas cap?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
do you have your charcoal canister still connected?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
It's supposed to vent into your throttle body after the engine warms up. Do you have the lines connected from the charcoal canister to the thermostat housing, and from there on to the throttle body?

If so, run your engine until it's hot, then pull off the line at the charcoal canister and see if you can blow through it. If you cannot, then your switch on the thermostat housing is toasted.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Correct. Make sure u get a 2 way and not a 1 way. I bought a 1 way and they wouldn't let me get a refund when I found out they screwed me. U can also drill a hole in ur stock gas cap if u don't wanna buy a new one. U just pop it apart and drill a hole in one of the pieces (I can't remember which.. bottom part I think) diagonally and ur good to go.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i work at an autoparts place so i can get stuff there but i was just wondering if i should get a stock cap or look for a 2way that fits

1 - 9 of 9 Posts