Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car will not build boost down low. It will only go to 1 or 2 lbs while powebraking. It only builds boost in upper gears above 4k.

I pressurized the system and can hear air coming from under the intake. If my pressure tank is leaking/bad how do I test/fix it?
Should I just order a new one from Jay Marks? I realize it comes out from the bottom but does anyone have any tips/tricks to removing it? How much is one?

Thanks
Whit

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
itS BEST to test the tank with the hoses disconnected on all sides and plugged. It might be leaking from one of the hose fittings. Also, the leaking you might be hearing iscoming off the "2nd waste gate" as I like to call it. Its the dashpot that allows number 2 to come online. If thats leaking at that dashpot as far as the hose or maybe the dashpot its self, then maybe thats why the 2nd wastegate is not fully opening. Allowing happy boost levels at a lower RPM. At higher RPM your creating more boost which probley is enough to compensate for the leak.

Happy boostin.

Hector

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mighty Mouse said:
itS BEST to test the tank with the hoses disconnected on all sides and plugged. It might be leaking from one of the hose fittings. Also, the leaking you might be hearing iscoming off the "2nd waste gate" as I like to call it. Its the dashpot that allows number 2 to come online. If thats leaking at that dashpot as far as the hose or maybe the dashpot its self, then maybe thats why the 2nd wastegate is not fully opening. Allowing happy boost levels at a lower RPM. At higher RPM your creating more boost which probley is enough to compensate for the leak.

Happy boostin.

Hector
How do I test the tank? Plug all hoses and apply pressure??? Do I need to remove it to test? What are you referring to as the "2nd wastegate or dashpot? I'm posting from a friends login, sorry.

Whit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts