Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pretty cool DIY warning light mod....pics

Well this mod is for anyone with Greddy gauges that have warning and peak hold, or any gauges that have a warning output. I figured that my warning lights on my gauges have saved me numerous times but sometimes they are hard to see during the day and also if the gauge is mounted in the glovebox. So I figured I would make a better warning setup.

Total Cost: $5.00 for leds, plus wire

As you can see they light up pretty bright and look very clean as well. I have them wired so if any of my gauges go into warning both of the leds will light up just like the picture. Also check out my sweet PLX mod. :D

Lemme know what you think.

Mike

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
You're welcome for the help you ungrateful ass, jk. Awesome mod for those who like to keep their eyes ahead of them while driving. Definitely much more obvious than the GReddy warning lights. Just in case someone was wondering, the GReddy warning lights still do come on as well.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Pretty much. The GReddy output is actually negative so all you have to do is connect the LED to constant power (whatever voltage it requires) and the GReddy will 'ground' it whenever the warning comes on.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
I have color-coded warning LEDs for Air/Fuel ratio, fuel pressure, boost, EGTs, Coolant Temp, etc. etc.

They are the best mod i've made to date. They allow you to drive the car, as it is meant to be driven, without the hassle of watching gauges at the same time. If ever my air fuel ratio climbs higher than 12:1 at over 5 psi, then the Red Leds light up. Yellow for EGTs, Blue for coolant temp, green for boost, and so on. :) I highly reccommend a mod like this.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
how do you wire it up so that once your wideband reads (for example) 12.0:1 or higher above a certain psi? Like, obviously when we are idling, the air:fuel will be much higher, so how do we wire it so that when we are idling the LED is not lit up, but when we are under boost, it lights up? As Kale indicates above?

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea the LEDs are from radio shack and they are 12v LEDs. This way I didn't have to run an resistors before the leds to lower the voltage. Oh yea I forgot to mention Mark helped me out too, way to cut that wire buddy. :D

·
gt35/40?
446 Posts
looks like a great mod, you have to have a guage with a warning output tho? correct? thanks

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RoToPoweRed said:
looks like a great mod, you have to have a guage with a warning output tho? correct? thanks
Yea, but if you don't I would highly reccomend getting some.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
D

·
0 Posts
:biggrin: I like this mod....it gives it a nice custom look :) Gj with it.

How long did it take to complete everything?

-Dino

D

·
0 Posts
1 more question how did you put the air/fuel ratio thing there. Did you mold it to the steering thingy? It would be cool to know because all lot of people would put guages there.

-Dino

1 - 20 of 39 Posts