488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
kinda high

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what I was thinking.
I did an analysis of the current Supra Market (Last 2 months) comparing mileage and price and got the following formula:
Should Cost = Mileage*(-.1051) +29771
It seems fairly accurate..... for this car it would be $21K

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, that is just for 93's for 95's & I used Ebay ending prices.
AND that is just for the last few months...which are ofcourse winter months....my guess is that the prices should raise as it gets warmer.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I offered him $23K because it was a dealer and I'm sure they paid to much for the car to begin w/

-E

·
Hardtopper Once Again!
1,709 Posts
I would say $24,000-$25,000.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any other thoughts?

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
And the point of asking this is.....? Do you really think that the seller is going to see this thread and be like "Oh, you're right. The price I'm asking is a little high. Let me lower it to $23K. Is that better for you"??

People ask what they want for the Supra. If you're not willing to shell out the money being asked for, then look for another car. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, it is that simple. The car is at a dealer, he is not roaming around supraforums all day looking for cars. I actually just wanted to see if my formula tied to correleated to members ideas of what current supra prices are.

Anyway,
Thanx alot guys, this gives me another data point, so I feel better about not jumping on this supra until it comes down a little.

·
resident smart ass
486 Posts
I paid 23 for my 94 back in 99. To think I could have driven the car for 4 years and sold it for what I paid for it.. tell me any car on the planet that does that..((besides classics) thats pretty cool..

·
Very Senior Member
10,058 Posts
flash_e_gt said:
thats what I was thinking.
I did an analysis of the current Supra Market (Last 2 months) comparing mileage and price and got the following formula:
Should Cost = Mileage*(-.1051) +29771
It seems fairly accurate..... for this car it would be $21K
That formula *might* work over some range of mileage. I doubt it is much good for very low mileage!!
There are just too many other variables, besides mileage.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
VickSupra said:
That formula *might* work over some range of mileage. I doubt it is much good for very low mileage!!
There are just too many other variables, besides mileage.
exactly. not to add its winter time prices are down right now ..most people will hold off till it gets warm since they know they will get what they ask for alos depends whats in it ..

is it stock, any damage ,hows the inside how did the motor check out..and so on....

if it all looks good id say 25-28 k sounds about right

again good thing for us bad thing for others there are not enough of them to go around

it all comes down to supply and demand ..supply and demand ;)

·
Senior Spooler
1,206 Posts
flash_e_gt said:
1994 Six-Speed Targa (Red)
Mileage 83510
Price $27,995

What do you guys think of this price?
I believed it should be more like 23k.
Any opinions?
I wouldn't pay that, but someone might.... thats his hope. It's worth whatever your willing to pay. RED/TAN is not gonna fetch big dollars.
My guesstimate about 20-23 with lots of factors. Maybe even less depending on receipts. If your asking because your looking then keep looking, be my advice.
If he is knowledgable then he is playing a different market than the experienced one.;)

·
Registered
784 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts