Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need opinions. A friend of mine had a lack of oil issue with her 82 Supra and now its a boat anchor. The motor is toast as the number 3 cylinder really did a number on the motor. Anyway, I've been pricing fixing the car and it's going to run around 1000 to fix and she really only wants to fix it to sell it. I'm sceptical on telling her to fix it as alot more than the motor needs to be addressed and once you start adding on misc parts it will probably be in the 1500 dollar range and more than the car is worth.

So after all that, here is the question. What is the car worth not running. The car has spent it's life here in NM and I can't find a lick of rust throughout the car. It only has 112K miles on it, she has new tires and shocks all around and the interior is black and in excellent shape. Its a cloth interior. Also the exterior is red and the paint except for the rear bumper is still glossy and has lots of life left.

What would be a fair price to ask for a excellent shape (donor MKII)?

Let it fly, thanks for the opinions.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,761 Posts
I paid $200 for my rolling chassis, but she has some rust and minor dings and dents. For a no rust body, I'd say $400-$600 or so, maybe even a $1,000 if you can find a really needy mkII maniac

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
I once bought a non running Black 84 mkii for $350 but it had a good body.

·
2JZ MKII
637 Posts
Sounds like a good swap car to me. Get a 6m for it or a wrecked MKIII turbo and go to town. That all depends if she's into cars for performance or not, if not its a lost cause. I would actually be very interested in buying it if I had space to store it. Got a nice aluminum Lexus V8 in my eye that would be looking for a good home, lol.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Too bad, this would be a great donor, never wrecked either. It's in my garage and I'm not interested in another project either. Is there any demand out there for parts from a car like this?

·
The anti-muppet
345 Posts
you can try and part it out over on Celicasupra.com or you can try and drop in a 5MGE or 6MGE and try and sell it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Pics ??? P-type ? L-type ? AUTO? 5spd? There are several guys within range of you,that would have an interest.Post it on CS like Zank said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts