Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1994 2jzgte six speed targa 124,xxx chasis miles, less than 500 engine

AEM
Built engine (carrillo h beam, cp pistons, arp headstuds)
Race prepped head (272/264 cams, +1mm valves, full port and polish job
74 GTS pilsihed/coated
Greddy 4 row
full engine polish job

Fikse 18" wheels ($3500 new)

Would $45k be a resonable price for some to ask for this car?

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
How is the condition of the rest of the chassis? Is the suspension original/worn out, or are the bushings replaced and are there a nice set of springs/shocks (or coilovers) on it? Sway bars?

How is the body and paint? New paint and flawless body? Fresh from a demo derby?

What about interior? Faded? Cracks? Rips/tears in seats? Grungy carpet/floormats?

What about supporting equipment for the engine? What fuel system is installed? Is the exhaust still blowing through stock cats and muffler? Or is there a full titanium v-band exhaust system?

All those kind of things (and more) help determine the value of a car. The parts you list are pretty nice and should add a significant value to the car when compared to other "similar" cars to this one.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRD sways, brand new HKS Hipermax drag, full 4" exhaust no cats. Twin fuel pumps with 1000cc prcision injectors.

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Along with the unknown condition of body and interior, a prospective buyer will probably want to see some dyno sheets. Sounds like most of what the description is deals with having a fast engine/chassis. Dyno numbers or 1/4 mile info will also help.

The other thing that makes a big difference is maintanence history. If there's reciepts from the shops that installed the parts, or did the tuning of the AEM....that goes a long way in making a potential buyer feel comfortable with the condition of things.

Also, a buyer may want to know what happend to the previous short block, why it happened, and what has been done to make sure that doesn't happen to the new one as well. When I bought my car, it just had a set of low miles stock twins put on. But they went out 1500 miles after I bought it. Original problem that likely caused the demise of the first set was not fixed.. 8^(

As it sits now, I'd say the car is worth somewhere between $15,000 and $47,000. Need a lot more information to get more specific than that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts