Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Looking to buy a green auto 5100 mile Supra targa from 1997 from Texas, its just what I am looking for in a second Supra.

The market has changed alot since I bought my anthracite 1993.5, so I am wondering what a fair price to be pay? High 30s I am thinking.

Please, any input would be appreciated. I guarantee a few nice pictures with both if things move nicely.

Thanks.

·
Banned
182 Posts
High thirties is very reasonable, I would say around $37,000. I think you could drive it, put about 50,000 miles on it and not loose more than 10k of value

·
Banned
397 Posts
If I was buying a car with that low of miles, I would keep it in storage for about 5-10 years and then sell it and make a $10k profit.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
^ in 10 years a 5100 mile mkiv will probably EASILY sell for 90k..

i mean theyve only been out for 13 years and the number of original american cars have already been nearly cut in half...in 10 years they are going to be far more rediculously rare..let alone one that has just barely been broken in like that...and in a rare color on top of that..

basically if you get it for under 50k you have a great investment in that car..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, seems amazing...this car is owned by a close friend and hes not selling officially yet(meaning no autotrader no ebay no anything). He is offering me the first opportunity and asking what I'd pay.

Thanks for the replys...seems like a good buy.

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
Has your buddy owned it since new?

Lots of fake odometer readings (not saying this is one of them), before paying a premium for a car that's been driven ~570 miles a year I'd want very strong proof it was genuine.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Lagtime said:
Has your buddy owned it since new?

Lots of fake odometer readings (not saying this is one of them), before paying a premium for a car that's been driven ~570 miles a year I'd want very strong proof it was genuine.
Besides swapping it with another car, how would you fake a supra odometer? Disconnect it?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
0wned said:
Besides swapping it with another car, how would you fake a supra odometer? Disconnect it?

Yup, a couple of screws and a plug and it's no longer reading. Scan for codes and see if you find a speed sensor error. I believe it comes up if you have odo problems. Course they could have easily cleared it.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
odometers can be tricking by unplugging them, swapping them from a different supra, or buying a new one. when i took my dash apart i drove my car without the odometer for about 5 miles and it didnt read on the odometer, and it read no errors on the dash. and make sure its original miles not miles since a rebuild

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
If your heart is set on this car. I would go as high as $45,000, but that is just me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts