Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to get my 2JZ-GTE and 6-speed tranny swapped done by the end of December. How much should I sell my motor and tranny. Its a '98 2JZ-GE VVTI and Auto tranny with 70,000-75,000 miles. The ecu and wire harness will probably be included.
Can you guys give me an idea?

·
Registered
386 Posts
If I were you, I would turbo the exsisting engine you have. I have a 93 NA-T w/ 124k miles and a t60-1 at 9psi and it is more than satisfactory. I am putting about 350+rwhp down. You have lower mileage and are going to spend nearly 10k for the swap you are talking about. For that kind of money, you could build your engine up and do a 6spd. swap. Just my .02c.

Chris

·
Registered
265 Posts
A T60-1 at nine pounds is more than satisfactory? You must be easy to please. The VVT-i is great on the street and will allow you to go a little bigger on your turbo choice.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
supra4me said:
If I were you, I would turbo the exsisting engine you have. I have a 93 NA-T w/ 124k miles and a t60-1 at 9psi and it is more than satisfactory. I am putting about 350+rwhp down. You have lower mileage and are going to spend nearly 10k for the swap you are talking about. For that kind of money, you could build your engine up and do a 6spd. swap. Just my .02c.

Chris
Hmmm... I always think NA-T is slow but tell me what do you run for your 1/4 mile time?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I been told lots of time to sell my car and get a TT. Well, I would be spending almost as much by converting it to NA-T, the kit for a NA-T will be about $5500 not including the labor, electronics, ect... I wanted more then just ~350rwhp. Whereas, spending just alittle more and having good base for upgrades later. I will be saving alot of money on the labor, since I know a friend who is a mechanic. Also, he is selling me his 6-speed tranny with only 35k for really cheap. There is nothing wrong with the tranny either. Too late to turn back now, I found a U.S spec 2JZ-GTE with ecu and wireharness for a reasonable price. Early Christmas present to myself. I will be getting the tranny in a couple of weeks. If I cant get it done by December, definitely be ready for the TX2K4. :bigthumb:

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
toysupra98 said:
I been told lots of time to sell my car and get a TT. Well, I would be spending almost as much by converting it to NA-T, the kit for a NA-T will be about $5500 not including the labor, electronics, ect... I wanted more then just ~350rwhp. Whereas, spending just alittle more and having good base for upgrades later. I will be saving alot of money on the labor, since I know a friend who is a mechanic. Also, he is selling me his 6-speed tranny with only 35k for really cheap. There is nothing wrong with the tranny either. Too late to turn back now, I found a U.S spec 2JZ-GTE with ecu and wireharness for a reasonable price. Early Christmas present to myself. I will be getting the tranny in a couple of weeks. If I cant get it done by December, definitely be ready for the TX2K4. :bigthumb:
You must be so lucky!

·
Registered
265 Posts
DragRacingSupra said:
Hmmm... I always think NA-T is slow but tell me what do you run for your 1/4 mile time?

Don't know 'bout that one...

·
ABM
497 Posts
damn steve...i see you're fullfilling your plans for the TT swap bro...im jealous! what shop is going to do the drop for you?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A friend working at the Toyota dealership. I figured he has all the tools and resources there at the shop. I am having the electronics and car tuned in Austin with Chris.

·
Over Medicated
2,725 Posts
DragRacingSupra said:
I've got the T60-1 in mine with 6 x 440cc injectors currently, 3mm headgasket, FMIC running 24psi on 100octane at 12.4 sec 1/4's 119mph.

G

·
a broo,, iam doing the same thing good luck, and make shure that you get the ecu and harnes or you will have a nightmare finding the ecu...

i got 3 companys looking for it, for almost a month , i keep caling all days.

let me now...how its goes.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cesar,

The ecu and wireharness came with the motor. Its a U.S spec 2JZ-GTE. The only thing Iam having a hard time finding is the 6-speed driveshaft and the rear end. I dont want to spend $1500 for a brand new shaft and rear end unless its the last resort. Where did you find your?

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
toysupra98 said:
Cesar,

The ecu and wireharness came with the motor. Its a U.S spec 2JZ-GTE. The only thing Iam having a hard time finding is the 6-speed driveshaft and the rear end. I dont want to spend $1500 for a brand new shaft and rear end unless its the last resort. Where did you find your?
who said you have to change the driveshaft? I heard that if you keep driveshaft or something.. it will make more take off faster with that N/A driveshaft and 2JZ-GTE but it wont go more faster on the freeway...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.