Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what i should be looking to spend on one?
been in love with these cars forever and the cheaper prices of the RHD models seem very attractive,

i currently own a RHD r32 and i didn't find it hard at all to drive a rhd car...

·
Single and Bangin
543 Posts
probably......... OVER 9000!!!!!!! I can't see a rhd going for over $15k regardless if its a TT /NA auto/manual anything over that your paying too much.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I have to agree with Ross. I wouldn't be spending more than 15K tops. It would have to be mint condition to get top dollar. You can always put down a low first offer and see where that takes you with the seller.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I just bought a 95' very recently from Japan and paid 17k after all import fee's.. and it needs some paint work and a couple other things.
I also did all the import work... AND it was from a private seller. If it was a dealer car easily 20k.
but it was a bit more due to the modifications it had.

Supra TT 6-speed are actually one of the more pricey cars to import from the whole selection in Japan.
I've helped friends and people get the r33 gtr, r32, rx7, etc etc into Canada.. and Supra tops the price list, R33 GTR is almost equal.

IF you are talking about cars you can find for sale locally in Canada ready to go.
The pries usually will be around 15-16k average. Up to around 18k asking price assuming its low mileage/great condition.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
15-20k imo for tt-6spd

i paid 17k for 6spd that came with bodykit, rims, tein flex suspension with EDFC, FMIC, catback exhaust, tv tuner/dvd player, recaro seat, carbon fibre dash.

was awesome it only cost me like $500 to extract max horsepowers from stock turbos.

shes not exactly setup like that anymore. i put more into the engine than i paid for the whole car ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
My RHD auto TT was stock when I bought it. If I can give you one piece of advice it's that if you plan on modding the car, find a car with the mods already installed. Yeah, I thought spending 12k on a clean TT auto was a good deal, but 37k spent afterwards in mods is not :p

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
:crazy: 37k and 400rwhp
that kind of money is 1000hp teritory

·
Registered
189 Posts
There is a nice TT Targa LEFT HAND DRIVE in montreal for 18... although I'd go check it out first... been for sale for a while now.

If I could only sell my RHD (asking 8500 for a NA-A) I'd be on this the day after.

And yeah 15 is tops depending on what condition/mods.

I think somebody local paid close to 18ish for his... but wow... it is a sweet one. Classy not ricey.

Luke

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
There is a nice TT Targa LEFT HAND DRIVE in montreal for 18... although I'd go check it out first... been for sale for a while now.

If I could only sell my RHD (asking 8500 for a NA-A) I'd be on this the day after.

And yeah 15 is tops depending on what condition/mods.

I think somebody local paid close to 18ish for his... but wow... it is a sweet one. Classy not ricey.

Luke
if you are talking about the black one... that one is a pos, all rusted.

·
Registered
216 Posts
A good 6 spd (Grade 4, less than 100,000 kms) sells at auction for between 800,000 and 1,000,000 JPY depending on mods, colour etc. With today's exchange rate you are looking at about $11,000 just car cost. Probably add at least $4,000 for all your other fees and getting it on Canadian roads (probably more since you would have to ship it back east or fly-drive). Plus you will have maintenance to do on top of that. I'd recommend finding one already landed that's in good shape. If it's had a good owner, they will have the original auction sheet from Japan (assuming it was bought from auction which most are). Otherwise, you have nothing to go on for the car's history.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.