Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got back from my honeymoon in Thailand. I stumbled upon a performance store with foolish prices on parts. I wish I would have known before I went, and budgeted for it, or could have picked stuff up for people. The best deals I saw was the HKS SSBOV, retails for 220USD but was going for around 100CAD after the conversion from Baht. Greddy 3 Row was like 1100CAD instead of 1900 USD and the list went on. We get screwed over here with price hikes! I tried to figure out a way to arrange purchase from them directly, but they didn't speak a bit of English.

When I go back I'll be putting together a list of stuff to get for sure. Ship it Fedex from there and save a shit load.

· Registered
974 Posts
Wow, cheap! Authentic parts for sure? The main reason we get screwed is Japan -> US import fees/taxes -> US -> Canada import fees/taxes -> Canada. I was thinking of setting up something with one of the Japanese exporters, bring over tons of parts for people and save a ton of $$$.

How'd you enjoy it over there? Congrats on getting married!

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they were authentic parts, they had everything, Defi, Greddy/Trust, HKS, Amuse, and lots of shit for garbage cars. Every single car in Thailand is modded I swear. One of the taxi's I took was a Corolla with a full body kit, exhaust, turbo, the whole works... it was kinda funny actually. As a vacation it was amazing, I would recommend it to anyone. Super cheap, spent less than 700/week for 2 people for spending money and lived like kings.

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
lol. hm that sounds interesting, i wonder how many lbs of parts you can bring back :nervous:

oh and i saw you yesterday scott, on bowen road at the lights by civic arena... them shiny aristos really pop into your field of vision.

ive actually thought a few times about attempting to befriend some guy in japan or similar geographic, and try and get them to buy parts and ship them to me for slight profit.

dusty has pretty good connections too though lol.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I considered buying stuff to ebay it when I got back. After figuring out my duty free limit and the taxes if I went over it wasn't really worth it. If you could get them shipped as a gift to avoid taxes/customs the profit would be big on something. 115% on the HKS BOV.

· Single and Bangin
633 Posts
Ahh Thailand I haven't been home in a long time...Thailand is a HUGE distributor of Japanese performance products such as Greddy and HKS ( www.HKSThailand.com ) The prices there are dirt cheap however purchasing a Supra or any other Japanese performance car there cost nearly double what you pay over here.

· Registered
321 Posts
I considered buying stuff to ebay it when I got back. After figuring out my duty free limit and the taxes if I went over it wasn't really worth it. If you could get them shipped as a gift to avoid taxes/customs the profit would be big on something. 115% on the HKS BOV.
Why not buy the parts next time while your there, and ship them to yourself in Canada, minus the packaging, and labeled as gifts?

You can also find the sickest deals ever imagined on used parts if you locate a source... I mean full turbo kits, anything you want, dirt cheap...

· Registered
506 Posts
lol. hm that sounds interesting, i wonder how many lbs of parts you can bring back :nervous:

oh and i saw you yesterday scott, on bowen road at the lights by civic arena... them shiny aristos really pop into your field of vision.

ive actually thought a few times about attempting to befriend some guy in japan or similar geographic, and try and get them to buy parts and ship them to me for slight profit.

dusty has pretty good connections too though lol.

sweet man, I didnt even see your ride WTF

I just came back from a run around Westwood Lake out of breath, my body needs a good retuning!

· adammackintosh.net
6,719 Posts
i was at the lights beside tim hortins turning left onto bowen... hopefully that makes sense.
maybe i was blending in i dont remember

man thats a wicked idea shipping parts to yourself, i will do that for sure if its legal, if i find myself in foreign lands with the opportunity.

or even ship to one of my friends or something. putting the return address might be interesting if there was a problem though :)
brb i gotta go back to thailand to get my t51r-spl kit...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.