Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Primered, wetsanded, and *EDIT* painted!

I shot back up to Ohio last weekend for my brother's 30th birthday party and so my mom could have all of her children home for Mother's Day. While there, I got some pictures of my car getting ready to be painted. It should be done by the end of the week, and my oldest brother will be trailering it down for me.

The spoiler and all light covers have been removed as well as the door handles and some trim pieces. The roof and hood were badly oxidized, so they were primered and blended in. There were a couple minor blemishes; one was on the right rear quarter panel and another on the driver's door. Materials ran me almost $600 and the total bill should be around $2,000 (can't beat the price, but we'll see how the finished product comes out). It's going to be the same color, medium turqoise metallic. Only 2 more weeks and I'll be boosting once again!

What it looks like without missing pieces:

S

·
0 Posts
Nocheez said:
bump. man, i'd get more responses if i asked what size wheels fit our car...
You didn't ask a question.... so we just look at the thread and move on.... :stickpoke

Post pix when it's done and u'll see more replies....

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I love that color... good work

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Remove the rear wiper arm mount while your at it?

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ckanderson said:
Remove the rear wiper arm mount while your at it?
No, but I did think about removing the power antenna as I don't even have it hooked up (XM radio for life!).

·
Registered
929 Posts
$2000?? what all did you buy to run the bill up to $2000? painting the whole car shoud run you somewhere around $600 since its just the usual basecoat/clearcoat and from the looks of it, you or your brother did all the work so there's no labor involved. unless of course you're paying your brother or someone else to lay down the basecoat/clearcoat.

and you probably know but just in case, you know that part that's primered between the side windows and rear side window, you're going to have to sand down the rest of the quarter panel with a really fine grit like 1000 or 1200 (forget the exact grit) and clearcoat it over so it'll blend better.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm not doing the bodywork, a friend who does it for a living is. sorry if i gave that impression. i've got a picture of all the materials that are going to be used, i'll put it up tonight.

the guy is going to throw down 4 coats of clear, so it should have a wonderful shine. the old paint was BAD on the hood and roof, this should make it look 100% better.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are the pictures of it painted up. I'm not sure if I'll be adding the white to the lettering on the back or not. I hear it looks pretty kick ass just the way it is. Sorry for the shitty pictures, my dad is not very good at taking pictures.

·
Banned
4,172 Posts
strike one up for another painted supra!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts