Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people well I have a weird problem.......I can't seem to break my tires loose!

When I was on my CT-26 with full exhaust, dp, intake, and [email protected] it would break the tires loose pretty good.

Now the car will NOT break the tires loose. I'm out of ideas.

Car now rocks the Sound Performance SP61 turbo kit with external tial 38mm wastegate and all supporting mods.

I'm sitting here wondering WHAT THE FUCK? I would think that with that power, breaking the tires loose would be simple.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
lol maybe you have a problem, what size tires you have and what type.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
IMHO, isn't 100% full traction a good thing? Unless you are drifting or doing donuts.

·
0 Posts
hahahah

stop driving like a pussy

jk

drop the god damn clutch you wuss

break- boost

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know 100% traction is a good thing, but this is just kind of weird not breaking the tires loose at all.

Tires are extremely bald 255's in the rear on mkiv tt rims.

And no.......I don't drive like a pussy. :run:

·
Registered
520 Posts
how does the car pull? pretty hard? have you tuned it? i got a bigger turbo too, and it made 315 rwhp before tune and 380 rwhp after some tuning at pretty low boost(1 bar) so tuning is where its at. wouldnt break the tires before either, but now it get sideways all the time.

·
greasemonkey
3,126 Posts
depending on the tread wear of the tire, bald usually = more traction. balder my dr's get, the harder they grab.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
It also depends on how quick the car spools.. if it spools fast.... your gonna spin.. if it's slower tires tend to keep traction.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
Ckanderson said:
It also depends on how quick the car spools.. if it spools fast.... your gonna spin.. if it's slower tires tend to keep traction.
I was going to mention this as well. The stock CT turbo reaches full boost much earlier than your current turbo. Having more power earlier in the power band, @ lower speeds will make it more likely to break loose the tires.

How much boost are you running? I'm sure you need to turn it up if you can, eventually, you’ll be breaking the tires loose @ higher speeds and upper RPM's, now that’s cool shit.

I notice my spool/power with the bolt on SP61GT is pretty linear.

Either way, I'm sure your faster, breaking the tires loose isn’t a requirement for speed. I was breaking tires loose left and right in my friends CRX yesterday, I was still slow as balls.

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Car is untuned, and has 1 bar of boost around 4.25K rpm.

I have no idea where I'm at right now, but the turbo is good for 600rwhp on mkiv tts.....so I'm assuming about 500rwhp on a MKIII in the mid 20's psi.

After I get some cash for tuning, the car will be sporting drag radials all the time, so I won't be worried about traction.

I just figured that if I was upgrading all this crap that it would break em loose all the time. Guess not.

Any other advice? I've been freakin out lately worried that my car isn't makign the right amount of power for my mods.

EDIT: Car is currently running a 1 bar spring, so 14.5psi of boost. Goes to 18-19 at night when its cool out.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
87turbosupra said:
Tires are extremely bald 255's in the rear on mkiv tt rims.
Bald tires are almost similar to drag radials correct?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts