Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a problem getting one of our cars to change gears. Over the period of one year that the car was sitting too many things were up graded on the car to be able to narrow down the curprit but if I think Im currently just flustered with this particular car for me to think straight. Any reasonable ideas welcome to get this issue resolved.

The car went out of commission exactly this time last year. The transmission had been swapped with a low mileage one prior to dismantling the car and worked great. The car has a new Fidanza flywheel, one piece driveshaft, act clutch with a trd toyo plate. New pilot bearing was installed today due to the previous one not spinning flawlessly. Problem remains. The clutch master and slave cylinder are working properly as I've guaged the distance the fork travels on anther car with similar mods, its the same. They have also been thoroughly bled. The disk is installed correctly aswell.

Normally I would begin with exploring the possibility of the transmission being defective but that should not be the case. The transmission had been sitting bellhousing faced down, standing up for a year while misc parts of car were being rebuilt.

Has anyone had any issues like this with fidanza flywheels or could point out another possibility that I might have over looked, please feel free to point it out. Thanks in advance.

Kruso

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
is the disk stuck to the flywheel or pressure plate? this happens when cars sit for awile sometimes.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kruso said:
Normally I would begin with exploring the possibility of the transmission being defective but that should not be the case. The transmission had been sitting bellhousing faced down, standing up for a year while misc parts of car were being rebuilt.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to leave this thread on instead of deleting it, which I would've done otherwise, to help anyone in the future that might run into the same issue.

The reason why the transmission would not change gears was because it had been bone dry from being in that position for and extended period of time. Letting the oil soak into the transmission after filling it up for 30 mins straightened everything out.

Kruso

S

·
0 Posts
i was going to say that, and also possibly the clutch pedal may be too low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts