Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
S.T.A.R.S.
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my old MKIII that I sold is starting to give the new owner problems. He's telling me that after he drives the car for about 10 mins it'll start to sputter and sound like it's misfiring.

I've had the Fuel Injector Fuse and the ECU replaced about a year or so ago.

He's also replaced a coolant hose that popped and it did get the distributor wet (which is where I think the problem may be)

Anyone have any ideas?

This is an 86.5 N/A by the way.

·
Registered
213 Posts
honestly, i f you dont know the guy, dont even worry about the problems he has with the car. thats what he gets for buying a 20 year old car, stuff is gonna go wrong. its his problem now. but if you know him, then thats a different story.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Got_TT? said:
He's also replaced a coolant hose that popped and it did get the distributor wet (which is where I think the problem may be)

like stated in the previous post.... if he is a friend.. tell him to replace the distributor... than go from there. If you dont know the guy ... simply tell him the truth... you dont know what could be wrong.

·
S.T.A.R.S.
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yep I know him, he doesnt have a lot of money and this could have all been avoided had he listened to me in the first place.

He's been topping off his radiator with water, even though I told him to use coolant. What makes it worse is that it was tap water and I told him to use distilled after the first time he put water in it. But in the Texas heat that water is gonna evaporate.

Thanks for the help though guys, plus he's still paying on the car.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
sounds sorta like what my car did when the fuel pump died..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts