Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF! Every time I try to burn a little rubber I get it up to around
4000-5000 rpm and dump the clutch and the first thing I notice is the rpms drop to around 3000 causing the wheels to stop spinning and making me look bad! I have the track fuse pulled so I doubt thats it . I have no Idea what it is..............

Please Help.....

Thanks in advance.

Cory

·
Registered
332 Posts
Try dumping the clutch around 6K and putting the gas to the floor. You'll have to modulate the throttle to prevent slamming into the rev limiter. You should be able to do a monster burnout. :devil:

-TY

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to try that tomarrow... But why would 4-5000 rpm and 6000 rpm be any different?

Thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
When you RPM's fall from 4500-5000 to 3000 they go below your torque curve. From 6000 they fall almost at the top of the curve(4000-4700) which allows you to keep the tire spinning. Below the curve, no boost no power, above the curve, much boost much power. :D

-TY

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Redturbo said:
WTF! Every time I try to burn a little rubber I get it up to around
4000-5000 rpm and dump the clutch and the first thing I notice is the rpms drop to around 3000 causing the wheels to stop spinning and making me look bad! I have the track fuse pulled so I doubt thats it . I have no Idea what it is..............

Please Help.....

Thanks in advance.

Cory
It's sad. You're going to kill ur car. But that's ok. Why don't u turn the boost up to 26 psi on the stockers, that oughta help. Then raise ur rev limiter to 8k and dump the clutch at 8 k and just burn those tires! you'll be cool then! Anyways, so i don't seem like a total ass, this is what u do: Rpm's don't matter so much when ur doing a burnout... just rev up anywhere around 3k (just so long as u can break the tires loose), dump the clutch, stay on the gas, and hop on the brake... ur gonna have to feel around for what's right. you'll just keep 'em spinnin' til u come off the gas. But please be nice to ur car.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First get those big A$$ 275 off the rear, they give you nothing but traction (gives a new meaning to the term “traction problems”:) Next put some 225 or something small back there. You should be about to smokem from a 30mph roll:)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL..... im always the one wanting more traction. :D

Zach

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drop it a 400 and it burn through first real fast then all the way threw second kinda slow and it has done that since it was totally stock

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
A turbo makes boost under a load, so you need to FLOOR it after you dump it. A big V-8 car doesn't need this as much but at 0 mph you have a 3500 lb car being pushed by a 183 c.i. motor with no boost!!! So keep it on the floor!

When I first got my car and wanted to do a drag launch, I would rev to 3000 and dump it but would not floor it and ending up bogging. BTW I hope you don't go around doing too many burnouts just to impress people because YOU will be paying for the new tires/clutch!!! :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts