Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys, I installed a clarion radio that has only pre-outs and everything works great, i've got it connected to the amps, But I can't figure out how to connect it to the anntenna so that it will go down when I pop a cd in, and up when I have the radio on, I noticed that their is a anntenna rely and another box right under it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
651 Posts
What does the antenna do now?

Does it always stay up?

Does it stay down regardless of source?

Answer these and I'll probablly zereo in on the solution.

Tom Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas

M

·
0 Posts
Take the antenna power wire from your clarion (probably blue/wht or blue/blk) and run it to the two leftmost wires on the plug that used to go into your factory stereo. (all three wires hook together). I think one is black and red, the other is pink and blue. You can also access them at the plug that goes into the antenna relay box on top of the stereo if you choose. I found this out by running my voltmeter to all the wires on the plug while turning the factory radio of and on over and over. Hope this works for you.

·
651 Posts
Yep, he is correct... The antenna relay has what I believed to be two wires....the pink with blue and the black with red.

Connect them to the blue with white striped wire on the Clarion harness.

You should engage the antenna relay when the radio is turned on.

Tom Kenyon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, i'll try that so both connect to the amp turn on lead. But won't that mean that the antenna will be up when a cd is in? Is there a way to make it go down when I have a cd in and up when i switch to the radio source. If not thats fine aslong as it comes up it should do.

M

·
0 Posts
Indysupra, don't connect them both to the amp turn on lead, or else your antenna will be up even if you have a cd in. You should have an antenna turn on wire, either blue, blue/white, or blue/black. This wire is seperate from the amp turn on wire. Check your clarion manual wiring diagram if you're unsure which wire it is. This is the one you want to hook up to the black/red and pink/blue factory wires.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a Clarion DRX9375R and i'm pretty sure it doesn't have an antenna turn on lead it does have a blue/white but i'm using that as the amp turn on. Thats what the manual says if I read it correctly.

·
651 Posts
I have bad news.. The older model Clarions did not have an antenna wire output so you will have to use the remote output on the deck.

That will kinda suck because every time your radio is on your antenna will be up. I only think the antenna should be up when you are listening to the radio, don't you agree?

If I were you I would install a switch maybe in the center glove box and manually raise the antenna when you need it.

I may be extreme but having the antenna ALWAYS up regardless of source would get on my nerves. Put a switch and then you'll have total control of the antenna's position.

Or simply hook the two wires listed above to the remote on the deck and that will raise it.

Tom Kenyon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts