Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My car wont start . There are no sparks nor fuel pressure. I tested the igniter per toyota manual procedures and it failed 2 of 3 tests. But I am not sure if it's the igniter or fried ECU. I dont have any codes.

· Always playing catch up
2,058 Posts
i seriously doubt its the ECU, blowing that is a rare event, as you said, you tested it and it came out bad, id get another one thats "known good" (as i gotta get one myself to try to solve a heat soak prob) and try it, worst is you resell cause you dont need or trade with some cash for a ecu if that ends up being it

<l><l>

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I borrowed an igniter from a friend and installed it but still no spark nor fuel pressure. Everything was working before I removed the turbo for rebuild. while it was out , I installed a turbo timer. The previous owner had a turbo timer but removed it so everytime I get in the alarm goes off until I put the key in the ignition. Maybe I fried somthing while wiring or maybe it's the alarm. I have to do more diagnosis.

· Registered
183 Posts
My guess is it's the cps or it's connector. I cut the wires from both sides of the cps connector, soldered the wires together and the car started right away. Tho the connector looked ok, my problem was there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.