Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically my rims have some kind of water/liquid accumulation on the clearcoat of the lip on the two rear rims. I'm not sure what caused it, but I'm guessing that it happened while it was sitting in the garage all winter. So now the lip looks very cloudy and unpolished on certain parts and I am trying to figure out how to get these rims shining again. I was thinking that they would need wet sanding, but I wanted to get some feedback before doing anything so that I don't ruin my wheels. Any help you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

·
Chii Racing Culture
3,396 Posts
i would probably call the company and ask them. If the rims are fairly new then it can be a manufacturer defect and they should replace them for you. Or you can make something up, just put up a fight. But i generally think the clear coat will start breaking away slowly when u try to fix it.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Try a light polish if you have not, you might need to work it in with a dremel too possibly. If that does not work, it could be a defect in the wheels. Pics would help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts