Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my PRofec B and GReddy 52mm electronic boost gauge together. My PRofec does not seem to be working correctly.

I ran the boost source off the gauge hose, so I know it is getting boost for sure since the gauge works. The unit powers up so I know its getting power. It seems that the solenoid/motor won't close. I've run it with both Actuator and External Wastegate DIP switch settings, and turned the knobs all the way up. The best it will do is stock boost, which leads me to believe the solenoid is not closing at all. I have the Wastegate VSV bypassed.

I put my bleeder TEE back in and hit 1.25 bar, so its not damaged turbos or some other problem making the low boost.

I plan on checking on the wiring to make sure there's power getting to the solenoid. I've re-checked the plugs and they're all snapped together tight. But the wire is intact, so I'm not thinking that's the problem.

Anyone else have this problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
658 Posts
there are 2 ways to hook up the profec B the way that greddy recomends which it the pressure tank hook up. Most supra owners who have the profec do not hook it up that way but do it the 2nd way which is identical to the hookup of the blitx dsbc seen on mkiv.com

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...

I hooked it up to the compressor side of the wastegate and all seems to be in order. Thanks for the help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts