Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

we got our Profec installed nicely yesterday, so far no problem. The problem begun as we tried to set it up. When we set a boost level and try to make it learn in the automatic mode, then it goes way past the set boost level into fuel cut. After a few more runs then it only will do stock pressure or even less.
Today we tried it again, to see if we could get it working properly, but the same thing happened. Then auto p. symbol in the top right corner starts blinking, so it says it is in the second step of the learning function, but then it only gives us stock pressure or less, and that symbol just won't stop blinking. Then it once pushed in the overtake boost, what worked for some reason. then we did another pull and tried to do the overtake setting but it wouldn't do it again, it just stays at stock pressure. The instructions say it might not learn properly, if the exhaust pressure it too high. Our supra still has both cats in it, might that be a problem? How many pulls does it normally take for the profec e-01 to learn in automatic mode?

Thanks a lot

Mark

·
Super Moderator
9,924 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to try unbolting the main cat and leaving the DP open briefly to see if it helps it out any.
All 3 E01's I've worked with were all on external wastegates and they learned very quickly with no problems. I take it you're still on an internal wastegate?
I believe theres a function in the E01 to switch between the internal & external wastegate settings, is this set properly?
Also, does it control boost properly in the manual mode? what is the gain set at?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yesterday, as we tried it, it worked on maual but no properly because we didn't know how to set it properly because of the duty cycle. I think where you set it between external and internal wastegate is on the solenoid itself, there you can connect the hoses differently. If you say it learn quickly, about how many pulls does it need?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts