Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put in a new clutch and flywheel (rps stage 2 clutch with a fidanza flywheel) and when i drive it w/o pushing the car its easy to shift through gears...but when i start pushing the car and the pressure increases, its almost impossible to get out of first gear when redlining into second. i've been asking around and people are telling me its the release bearing and the slave cylinder. if this is the problem do i need to buy new oem parts or are there aftermarket parts that go along with an upgraded clutch..if so where can i buy this stuff? thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also when im about to launch my car...i hold the clutch down as hard as i can...when i start to rev about past 3g my car starts to move...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx...anything about the slave cylinders or release bearings?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuPrAmAhN said:
also when im about to launch my car...i hold the clutch down as hard as i can...when i start to rev about past 3g my car starts to move...
your clutch is not fully disengaged if this happens. Jack up the rear of your car. Depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor and shift into first while holding down clutch pedal and your rear wheels will probably start spinning.

Twist and length the pushrod thats attached to the top of your clutch pedal after loosing the 12mm jam nut. Loosing it means making it spin away from the clutch pedal. And adjust until the rear wheel dont spin no more.

If your clutch pedal is soft you need to bleed the clutch. I dont think its your thrust bearing or slave cylinder. They dont go bad all of a sudden after a clutch job.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so if i do this itll make it easier to shift gears when redlining and getting into reverse?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey BOOSTED and CONFUSED... i really need to buy your stock cats! i got the cash and can pick it up , but i have to within the week because im selling the car and need it to pass smog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts