Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start off I made a ball/spring type MBC. Installed it. went for a ride, with the bolt all the way out. So I pulled over and tightened up the bolt (way too much) Boosted to about 13 lbs, hit fuel cut. pulled over to the side of the road, backed the bolt off all the way. Now I get code 34 every single time, car runs like crap, fuel is dumping like crazy, my bumper is black. Okay first thought, Boost leak. I noticed my clamp for my accordian hose was loose so I tightened that up but it didnt do anything same problems. My accordian hose has a tear in it about1.5 inches long on the end, so I ghetto rigged it up with tape (for now) still same problem, checked over all clamps to make sure they were tight and that none of the hoses blew off. I wonder if I fucked the wastegate up doing this? When I pulled the accordian hose out the turbine spins freely so I dont think its a turbo issue. Dont know what else to try.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Reset the ecu. The code will still be there unless you reset it. Pulling the efi fuse is the easiest way of doing this. Im pretty sure that the car is running in a limp mode causeing it to run rich. So reset the ecu take it for a ride and see what happens.

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supra8795 said:
Reset the ecu. The code will still be there unless you reset it. Pulling the efi fuse is the easiest way of doing this. Im pretty sure that the car is running in a limp mode causeing it to run rich. So reset the ecu take it for a ride and see what happens.

I've done this numerous of times, take it out for a ride and as soon as you start boosting check engine light comes on and then goes away.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
That happened to me when I had a boost leak. Black smoke out the tail and it ran like crap. Engine light would come on and off all the time.

A tare in the intake hose would cause you to run lean, not rich. Check the intercooler pipes.

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I need to take a good look at the piping and I have a gut feeling, My wastegate actuator. Good thing I have an extra 1 in the basement lol.

Wayne

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wastegate actuator is fine. I pulled off the top intercooler hose and it smells like raw gas.... boost leak?? Will do some more searching tonight. Any helpful info would be good.

Thanks,

Wayne

·
*SNICKER SNICKER*
725 Posts
ya, any leaks past the AFM can cause this, and ghetto taping usually doesn't work. Replace any cracked pipes (the pipe between the AFM and turbo I think is about 50 bux from Toyota...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Stock intercooler hose can crack where you can't see them. They may not have blown off, but one of them IS leaking.

·
function > form
512 Posts
KingCobra said:
ya, any leaks past the AFM can cause this, and ghetto taping usually doesn't work. Replace any cracked pipes (the pipe between the AFM and turbo I think is about 50 bux from Toyota...
A cracked intake hose, as LordLo wrote earlier, would cause a lean situation, because more air would be coming in than what is measured. It has to be between the turbo and throttle body. The only other case (which I HIGHLY doubt) is if the intake mani or throttle body itself was damaged and is leaking boost. Chances are it's between turbo and throttle body, so I'd go ahead and buy a hard piping kit, but that's just me.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
yep she's a boost leak... try harder to find it :p

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea im pretty sure its a boost leak, I just bought a little shitty compressor and im gonna make that boost leak tester. Thanks for all the help I'll update this when Im done looking.

Wayne

·
WhorE
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
update:

Well Boost leak it is lol I even took a picture for everyone to see Im sure this is 1 major problem lol

Thanks for helping out. By the way for 30 bucks to make a boost leak tester Do it, its worth it.

Wayne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts